Young Facing High Expectations in Second Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

lol....you aren't going to cry are you? In another thread I just argued with someone about why the Titans will be a BETTER team this year....so YOUR comments about me being negative are unfounded. No, I have not been to a practice, but I watched NFL do a 30 minute story on training camp, and saw VY throw about 30 balls. In my opinion, he hasn't improved. His reads may be better, his understanding of the game might be, but his mechanics are still bad. He missed some chances when he really needed to sit down on a pass and fire a laser.

As far as Bulluck, I have posted Pros and Cons about him, and backed them up. You just choose not to see it. I even asked someone else to verify what I said by watching the Giants game, and never heard anything back. I don't make things up.

Your heroworship is getting the best of you, and you should try to comprehend what someone is saying before going into rants.

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

dont argue we're all titans fans right?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, it's a simple thing to figure out, do you make more postive statements or negative statements? The latter is not wrong, it's just a different way of doing things, and one I do not subscribe too. But tough love is the best description of it and we have plenty of fans here who subscribe to it.

The Texans fan board houstonprofootball.com has the most negative person ever in my opinion running it. He runs that board and he is what I would consider an ***. But he is who he is. It's just a different way of approaching being a fan of the game. The dude rips on everything texans, and he lays into the fanboard hard, but I think he roots for the team.

The optimist in me always believes the pessimists will someday turn it around. But they never will, these are the types who will get rid of Dilfer after he wins the superbowl. The optimists would have kept him for at least half a season.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It all has to do with what "improvement" people expect... from all accounts I've heard Vince still struggles with his footwork and throwing motion, resulting in some inaccurate passes and INTs. But those same observers say that overall he is more accurate than he was last year, and that he is seeing the field much better and delivering the ball much quicker and with more decisiveness. To me that sounds like good improvement.

I can guarantee that Chow/Johnson aren't stressing his mechanics nearly as much as the mental game right now... he needs to first get comfortable in the pocket and be able to see the field. If he's not comfortable seeing the field he will fall back on poor mechanics every time, but once he gets to the point where the mental stuff is 2nd nature and he can feel where the defense is going and where his receivers are, then he'll be free to concentrate a little more on his feet and arm.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Chow actually said that at the end of last year he was seeing the field better, and was even checking off to the proper plays given the defense he was facing. I think when it comes to that VY has a good football sense about him, but I am concerned that his mechanics have not improved, as that is one thing Chow said they were going to work on.

As far as negatives, people can see what they want to see. This is a football forum, and doing a critique of players or coaches goes with the territory. I just find it ironic that you can call "some" players out, but others are off limits. I question if VY's passing has improved, and suddenly I am a "hater". I have suffered through thread after thread of "Drew drops passes", and have proven people wrong with links and stats, but I have never called anyone names for having their own point of view. I just discuss what I see on this forum, and two people are not always going to view things the same. I think everyone here is a Titans' fan, and wants the team to win. We all get frustrated when that doesn't happen, but addressing blame is subjective. Our secondary is bad......but if we had a better pass rush they would look great. That receiver can't catch...but if the ball were thrown better maybe he could. Our running backs are bad....but if we had better blocking they would do better. With team sports it's very hard to point fingers except with the obvious blown coverage or missed tackle.....or in VY's case a bad pass. All I am trying to point out is that if VY can't gain some respect from other teams with his arm, it's going to get harder for him to run. Safeties and LB's are going to start crowding the LOS. I think it's a legitimate concern, and I posted it. Sorry if it ruffles feathers.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i remember it the other way around.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Quite a few on this board have selective memory.........:ha:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

others make stuff up. :))

9. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Go Titans i can't wait to see the rookies busting their nose saturday night!!!

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

did you go to camp? :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar