Young Facing High Expectations in Second Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: This time last year, the word "potential" was often used when describing Vince Young. A year later, it's changed to "impressive". With just little more than a week of training camp in the books, Young's development and confidence from last season is obvious to anyone watching him. Expectations are high along with the pressure to prove he can be a better passer. "There are a lot of different things that come with being a starting quarterback for a great football team, both off the field and on the field," said Young. "I feel like it not only builds me up as an athlete, but also as a person and as a man. I want to excel at my game and excel at my life, period. I'm 24 years old now and getting more mature every day. I've learned a lot from the older guys out here."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I don't know how long it will take him, but eventially, I see him being the best overall QB in the league. I can see him with a SB ring before too long.

3. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

^^^^^^^^^

i like your way of thinking

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

We can only hope.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I trust Vince. I have no expectations as to what he needs to do. Winners win. And Vince is a winner. I won't try to understand it. I'll enjoy it though.

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I know what you mean. I didn't want to draft him, but when I saw him play, I became a believer. You're right, he'a a winner and winners win... I was tickled last Sunday, two rookies were scheduled to sign after the morning practice. We stayed anyways and it turned out that Vince came over. I got him to sign my #10 jersey. That baby's goin in a display case.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I see no improvement in his passing style or skills from last year. I dearly hope I am wrong...or Chow doesn't call any pass plays over 20 yards.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I hope your wrong too TNT...

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He better be. :irked:

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Some people never change. The problem with you is I know I'm probably going to get warned for this but................you are the most negative person on this forum and it's really annoying. You hate on VY and bulluck which are the 2 best players on our team and other players but just to name those 2. You are constantly negative and I bet you haven't been to one training camp practice or you wouldn't have said the above statement. Your input is soley your own opinions which is fine but you have nothing to back up an of your statements they are just some random conclusion you come up with while you sit on your arse and whatch 10 mins of NFL live wired each day.

VY goes out there each day busts his arse in attempt to make himself and this team better. You see the headlines (I take that back your probably haven't) so let me get you up to par.........this offseason he spent countless hours working out and working out to get in shape, whatching film and working on his mechanics with Chow and Johnson, studying the playbook, then paid for his WR to go down to Texas with him to work out, gain chemistry and camraderie, and work on timing.

Since then he's taken major strides as not just pasing but as an overall QB. Read up....he's been making big plays in training camp and earlier in OTA's. Mawae, Chow, Fish, Johnson, Any player will tell you VY is the face of this franchise and has taken major strides as a QB so before you hate and make outrageous add some reasons why you feel that way because you rarely back your statements up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar