Young Excited About Being Drafted by Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Vince Young is clearly excited about being taken with the third pick of the 2006 NFL Draft. "I’m ready to get out there. I just want to give a thanks to Bud Adams and Floyd Reese, Coach Fisher and Coach Chow for giving me an opportunity to come down there and play for a great football team," said Young. Young says he hadn't talked to Steve McNair for a couple of days but knows he is behind him. "He’s like my father figure," said Young. "He’s going to protect me. If he’s there or if he’s not, we’re still going to be very close we’re still going to be the best of friends. I hope he stays, but if he’s not here, it’s a business and like he always tells me it’s always a business. But if not, I’m still going to come in and compete. I want to go out and earn my respect from coaches and my teammates and the beautiful fans in the community."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I think this was a bad pick !!!!! , but im behind the team and will support them 100% , i just think we could have done better with Leinart or Cutler.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:cry: Words can not express how happy I am about this pick.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He even sucked up to the fans. He knows how to work that media. :p

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He will be a very exciting pick, and there were questions about all three. The only way I really question this is if we still lose steve. That would be rough, but this makes me think that the FO at least intends to keep Steve.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

im more excited then Vince lol well maybe not but still i think i would have cried if we got matt lol wow this is great

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

For the fans, he brings excitement. And that's a big thing. We really needed that. Arizona is also excited. So it worked out big time for both cities.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I feel just the opposite...sigh..what a wasted draft pick

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:neener:

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

lol, I knew you would do that.
    I have been gone all weekend and didn't find out till today that we took Young. It sure ruined a good weekend..lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar