Young Dedicated to Win Back Starting QB Role

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's weak Morpheus. My motivation is that he is an underachiever as an NFL QB who is getting paid upwards of 60mil to ride the bench and pouts like a little girl. To say i've seen very little of VY, laughable. Played Big12 football, then went on to be a Graduate Assistant for that Program, and coincidentally got to break down a lot of film against such opponents like UT/OU/A&M. Who are you?? I don't know, but I don't assume your just some scrub wrapped up in the Vince Young Fandom, I could come up with far worse however with your racially biased tones and attacks. I have met VY, more than a couple times, he's friends with one of my girls in Austin, no different than any other egotistical primadonna who needs to be showered with affection to hide his insecurities.

"When people attack the intellect of someone they have never met, it usually indicates an agenda."
    Haha.....that one was my favorite quote of your entire post. I didn't even say anything about VY's intellect, who's charging with an agenda now?? Hypocrite. Haven't you heard, Obama's in the White House now, you gotta find a new tactic about why you're being oppressed.:ha:

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

VY ran a 4.43 coming out of HS, benched 225. You're right, I have no idea what he's running or lifting now. However, through 3 years as an NFL QB he has made no improvements in his mechanics and QB skill-set, so that tells me he isn't doing enough work. Last year he was still griping about the Quad injury he suffered early in year 2, that tells me he didn't properly work to rehab the injury in order to be ready for Year 3. Maybe i'm wrong, but these decisions point to him not doing his best for the Titans.

Look I don't care about VY, actually he has done one thing by taking a ride on the bench that put the team first, way to go. Vince worries too much about everyone liking him, he should only care about who's in that locker room with him, no one else matters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Jwill...

He wasn't talking about you...but an article written by a blogger in a post posted by Childress.

Gut

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Jwill...

So let's leave this stuff out of it, shall we?

If he has made no improvements to anything tangible in playing QB, what do you attribute his completion percentage increasing over 10% from year 1 to year 2 while throwing more passes?

Is Tom Brady doing everything he can to rehab his knee? In reality, if you don't know what they're doing to rehab it, how can you assume that a medical condition still bothering him means he did something wrong? I'm not a doctor and I don't know, but I don't think that if something is wrong we should always just assume VY is to blame.

If that is the case...I agree. But again, I don't know him so I don't know...

Gut

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We can jabber back and forth about Young this and Young that. The bottom line is the Titans coaching staff and front office agree that VY is not capable right now of leading this team thus we signed KC for two more years.

Quite honestly I don't care if the reasons for VY not cutting it are his intellect, his work habits, his immaturity, his lack of reading defenses or whatever. All I care about at this point is VY isn't a leader that we need to lead this team and quite honestly that sucks considering the money and draft pick we wasted on this guy.

In a way this is almost getting to be a circus. If VY really wants to be an NFL QB it is up to him to work his butt off physically and mentally and be the very best he can be and if he still doesn't make it at least he gave it his best shot. His history at Texas doesn't mean squat right now. What matters is how he responds and I really feel that is exactly how Jeff Fisher feels as well. Fisher doesn't have time to think or worry about poor VY.... Fisher wants to go to a SB and VY can't help us do that send him on his way.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

The Titans clearly think Collins at QB is our best shot to win next year and gives us insurance for the following year where either Young will get his shot or he's gone most likely (unless they redo his contract). If Young gets his shot then, Collins probably retires, we grab a Jeff Garcia and keep going. If Young isn't up for it, they cut him, draft another QB and ride Collins' arm for another year before letting the rook take a shot...and that will end the athlete at QB experimenting for the Titans.

So we can wail all we want but the above is likely the reality. He'll either get it together and improve or he won't. We all know what will happen either way...I hope he can work hard enough and improve enough to get his shot. If not, he's got several million to enjoy the rest of his life with.

Gut

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YN5y9qg5kBk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YN5y9qg5kBk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hahahaha!

Thanks Childress...I NEEDED a good laugh today!!!
    :thumb:

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar