Young Dedicated to Win Back Starting QB Role

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Vince 100% in Spring Training

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090305/SPORTS01/903050355/1027

Last offseason Young attended classes at the University of Texas and traveled to Nashville on long weekends. He attended minicamps but missed significant portions of the offseason program, which is not mandatory but which players are expected to attend.

The lost time set Young back with new offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger, who had replaced Norm Chow in January.

This offseason, Adams said, Young is committing himself 100 percent to football, working out and watching game film.

When asked recently what Young needs to do to win the starting job, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said: "Work to improve his fundamentals and do whatever any other player does.''

There was a lot of debate on this board last year about it being bad (versus good) that Vince was not in Nashville during Spring training last year.

I can't really tell from these comments if Vince is going to still pursue his studies this Spring or if Major Adams has just carefully selected his words.

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Vince Young knows this off-season is the most important one he's had in his career according to his agent, Major Adams. Despite the Titans signing Kerry Collins to a two-year, $14 million deal last week, Young is working to put himself into position to win back his starting job. "Vince wants to be the starter. He has started all his life, so he wants to start," Adams said. "And he is preparing like he is going to start, doing all the things he needs to do. He looks hungrier to me than ever before. I don't know that he is doing more than he's ever done, but this is as early as he's ever started." This offseason, Adams said, Young is committing himself 100 percent to football, working out and watching game film. Young plans on being at Baptist Sports Park on March 16 when the team begins off-season conditioning.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hope we have a QB controversy entering the first game of the regular season and it's due to Young's improvement and not Collins' decline.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you mean that hasn't been the case every offseason?

ahh... I want to be optimistic... hang tough Vince. :vince: It's now or never dawg. No one is going to hand you a thing. You are going to have to reach out and take it. Humble up and go work for it. Prove the doubters like me wrong. :vince:

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Time to power up, Vince.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:pigfly::blah2::bsflag:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I would love to see him prove all the doubters including me wrong . . . lets get to work vince . . .

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Uh, yea, good luck with that.

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I would love to see Vince get the starting job back but from improvement of course. You gotta give the guy some credit for doing what he has to do to get the starting job back. I guess he isn't headed back to Austin for classes this Spring.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

We don't have much of a choice, Young has to step up. You don't blow a 3rd and a 6th pick and remain a contender, especially with no QB. This type of team needs a QB exactly like Young - he's got great legs, he's big and strong... just frustrating that he can't get out of his own way. Glad to hear he at least recognizes this offseason is do or die time.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar