Young dead last this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i still dont understand why everyone is so shocked he is struggling. we all knew(at least i thought we all knew) he was going to struggle if he was put in the lineup his rookie year. he was a project and still is. the thing is, he does give us the better chance to win if it were between him and collins.

i just go back 8 weeks ago when people were saying "let the kid play, i can deal with the rookie mistakes and the growing pains of a young qb." apparently you cant deal with those things.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

And I think people are forgetting about other aspects of his game...for instance...

1.) He is hard to sack...he is able to make throws with guys hanging on him that collins and volek would have been sacked on...

2.) He keeps drives alive by running for 1st downs when nobody is open...

3.) Just his presence makes defenses focus on him, taking prep time and focus away from our other guys...

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Note how Trent Green does much the same as VY but is ranked at no 8 in the list.

I get the feeling that much like the Titans as a team VY will get no recognition until he is running a SB contender lewvel team

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I agree that our receivers haven't helped Vince out any at all this season, but then again they haven't really helped much the past 2 seasons either so I guess we shouldn't be shocked at that. I bought into the Vince hype myself and I hope he turns out to be what alot of us thought he would be, but so far this season he hasn't impressed me much. He still stares down his receivers and throws into some really bad spots. I hope it's just because of his being a rookie and that he gets better but I haven't seen much improvement over the past few weeks and if it hadn't of been for a running game things would look alot worse than they do right now.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

titanville

A 3-4 record for a rookie quarterback who no one thought could start his first year is pretty good...

You can say that the record is all a function of our running game, but vince has been a part of that running game as well...

Those shotgun runs (i think henry busted one for 40 yards against the eagles) could not happen with Collins or Volek back there...The threat of vince running makes it happen...so some of those running yards by Henry wouldn't happen without the threat of Vince running...

6. Titanville

Oh I agree that he can run, but I haven't seen a running QB that can't also be a passer win any Super Bowls lately. Haven't seen Vick, Culpeeper or McNabb win one yet. I'm not saying he "can't" do it, I'm just saying that I haven't seen much in the way of improvement like I was hoping for. But then again as stated before...he IS still a rookie.

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

*cough* Steve Young *cough*

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

What he said. :barf: Elway was pretty mobile also.

9. Winning a Super Bowl is not directly determined by the QB, if you have a great Qb does not mean that you will win a Super Bowl, examples? Marino and the Dolphins, Manning and thye Colts, Tarkenton and the Vikings, is a team effort, running game and a great Defense, Baltimore with Dilfer at QB, Washington and Doug Williams, Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger, look now without a D how Roethlisberger has turned into a mediocre QB.

All you need is combine all the phases of the game and have a good D to make it.

I think VY is going to develop as a great QB and only I hope that the front office adress the defensive side of the ball in the upcoming draft plus some free agents we will be in the playoffs next year and we will reach the Super Bowl in 2008.

10. Titanville

Yes but both of those guys were also accurate passers and could put the ball in there when needed. They also had pretty good touch passes. So far this year, I haven't seen those qualities from Vince. Yeah he's made a few good throws here and there and some deep balls that were drops by the receivers and not his fault, but have also seen more than a fair share of passes that wound up at the WR's feet or no where near where they could catch them. He seems to really struggle with the screen passes and drop offs. Again, I'm not saying he's a wash yet, I'm just pointing out what I've seen so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar