Young dead last this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I know what you are saying, but he threw the ball to beat USC as well. Converting several throwing downs on the final drive as well as during the game. It was a complete performance in all phases.

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I agree 100%... Im still sick to my stomach every time I see Young take the field and he shows how in-accurate he is. I stated before we drafted him... his Receivers in College made him look Allworld and that Gimmick offense he ran wasn't going to fly in the pro's. People are going to say its his first year, he needs time to develope..ect. I guarantee he will never be accurate, frustrating at best... and what we see now is what we'll see over the next couple of years.

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

:fish: :bsflag: :stupid:

:rolleyes:

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Dang, I hate I missed that...I thought I was the only one questioning the hype.

All I read here was Leinart Leinart Leinart. Suddenly he loses the Rose Bowl, and all I read was VY VY VY. It was as if, in one day, leinart disappeared as if he never even existed.

College defenses suck, and receivers are always wide open and easy to find. Not so with the pros. It's for this reason that I'm ALWAYS skeptical of rookie hype. Don't get me wrong---I want Vince to be successful, but some of the fans need to calm down during draft season. You really never know what you're getting.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Young will win an NFL MVP one year.

some of you just don't know what he's made of yet.

he will be accurate soon enough.

I believe.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I hope you are right. There is an old saying, if you didn't bring it with you, you won't find it on the field. O'Donnel broke down some of his passes from Sunday, and it was ugly. Twice he threw in the flat, and both times they should have been picked. Then he threw a jump ball to Henry, who was covered by two guys. Obviously not the right person for that move. We are lucky it wasn't the Jags game all over again.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

got to like all these threads :)) :banana: :banana: :banana:

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I look at those throws this way, A) he's not afraid to throw into coverage ( see every great wr and how they feel about this, heck, see chad johnson and Joe Horn last week ), B) He trusts his WR's will protect him from the INT (see how every rookie before him hasn't trusted the WR) C) He's not just throwing to the open man like a college qb, he throws to the covered man like an nfl qb does (See every rookie before him, including mcnair, and how they will not throw to a covered wr) D) He believes he can make the throw ( See Brett Farve and Troy Aikman ).

You can look at the throws anyway you want to. It's all in the eye of the beholder. But I'm a believer. He's playing like a veteran. Yeah, it's scary, but he's not afraid to make the game breaking throw and let's keep it that way. I don't want the safe qb who doesn't screw up the game, I want the rose bowl mvp who plays to take the whole thing or nothing at all.

9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

:moon2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar