Young-Cutler-Lienhart ratings so far..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by plato, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

"Though it was endlessly promoted as a “rematch” of the 2006 Rose Bowl, the Titans-Saints Monday night game was really a match between one of the league’s up-and-coming teams and a completely lost and confused squad on the way down. The Titans manhandled the Saints, using a combination of a suffocating defense and a balanced offensive attack to get out of New Orleans as 31-14 victors. Keith Bullock intercepted three passes, the Saints rushing attack was held to only 34 yards and Drew Brees looked flustered all game. Tennessee’s for real."

You got that right.

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I was actually at the Monday night festivities, so I just got back into town. That being said... Young played good, but the O-line played better. I've said it before... Young will have a good game here and there, Rex Grossman does that... but He's not the consitent, long-term answer.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

against a d-line that doesn't have a sack this season.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Fisher- “The Saints have a good defense, a good secondary. They are talented. We felt they were going to load up against us and try to take the run game away. We just felt like we needed to put some balls down the field and fortunately Vince hit them.

Young palyed well... he had the luxory of the Saints' stacking the line for the run. That being said... it was good to see Young hit the receivers. I liked what I saw this week over the pass two. It was a positive.

5. Fry

possibly showing respect to the team he had just clobbered?

they do not have a good defense. they're giving up 34 points a game. they have zero sacks. they have two total turnovers so far. and i believe they lead the league in passes over 20 yards given up.

but it's ok, because you were adamant about selecting cutler.....

6. Fry

i'm still trying to figure out how he played so poorly against the colts.

indy: 17-27 63% 184 yards 1 td 0 ints 5 rushes 53 yards and a 95.3 passer rating

new orleans: 14-22 63% 164 yards 2 tds 1 int 5 rushes 21 yards and a 97.5 passer rating.

please, explain to me how he played oh so poorly that we received a voice mail from the broncos thanking us for not selecting cutler.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Cutler may end up with better stats overall except for rushing but VY is a winner.....he has thats "it" about him and his ability to lead a team and step up when the games on the line.

He is taking major steps in the passing game and will only continue to improve in that part of his game as well as his ability to process info and his reads. His running and leadership abilities will always be there and while his passing continues to improve it's scary to think of how good he could be.

Who's Jay Cutler?

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I wanted to make a fair comparison....

2007 Vince Young - The Passer - qb ratings

Clutch:
    4th Qtr Rating - 128.1 -
    2nd Half - 104.4 -
    Red Zone - 99.0 -

Close Games:
    Tied: 92.8 -
    Ahead by 8 points or less - 124.6
    Behind by 8 points or less - 100.9 -

2007 Jay Cutler Passer Ratings
    Clutch:
    4th Qtr Rating - 48.9
    2nd Half - 80.5
    Red Zone - 111.0

Close Games:
    Tied: 99.2
    Ahead by 8 points or less - 41.2
    Behind by 8 points or less - 61.7

2007 Matt Leinart Passer Ratings
    Clutch:
    4th Qtr Rating - 74.1
    2nd Half - 49.6
    Red Zone - 111.7

Close Games:
    Tied: 34.1
    Ahead by 8 points or less - 149.3
    Behind by 8 points or less - 64.1

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think we are quickly coming up on a time where all people will have two choices: Believe in Vince Young......or look STUPID.

Go Titans!!!

PS: LenDale, give me a hundred yards!

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Very good question.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar