Young as TE/WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

Uh-Oh...
    Memories of Kordell "Slash" Stewart.

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Funny, but I think you just wrote that the QB who played for us yesterday (Collins) put the ball where it was supposed to be........Interesting......In 30mph wind....... And our guys actually caught it? OMG! Revelation!

So what happened last year and all through preseason? You just made the point that VY is not the answer for the Titans. Time to make a permanent change....LOL

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Vince just wouldn't be a good WR or TE. I don't think he's strong enough to do it, and I think he'd walk over even trying it.

I can't really say if another team would actually trade a good pick for him, or not. (I'm sure cap problems probably negate much of a chance of that happening anyway). I'm sure teams would be cautious with what's gone on. But I would think a 2nd rounder would be reasonable. What about the Pats?? If they had cap room, and could nab Vince for a 2nd rounder, I wonder if they'd go for it? They've fixed most players mental problems, and they could have Vince as #2 and have him learn behind Cassal, and be a longterm backup/replacement to Brady.... but anyway, that's just one hypothetical. I think there are others...

I don't want us to trade him anyway. But if we tried him at WR/TE first, there goes ANY chance of getting a decent draft pick for him. Because every team will think, the Titans are going to get rid of this guy anyway.

I'm also very disappointed in Vince. I loved watching him in 2006, and figured, "the passing will come along but it's sure fun to watch him run." So far, the passing hasn't worked for Vince. On top of that, he is looking injury prone. So, it needs to get better.

But I think it will. He'll be our starter again, before the season is up.

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I will agree 100% that collins is a better pocket passer than vince young. I'm almost certain there's no one here that would argue otherwise. Vince gives us a dual threat when healthy and he throws the ball good enough where good receivers can make plays. Sometimes his throws are off but the majority of the time the receivers are able to at least make a play and can't come up with it. I'm not 100% positive vince is the answer in Tennessee just because the way the team is made up and the offensive strategy, but i guarantee if you put the guy in the right situation he'd be great.

5. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

no team wants vince young. hell the titans dont even want him

6. ONUV

ONUV Starter

WR, possibly. TE, no.

7. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The King loves his new NFL wonder-working equipment (seen below) which he wears at every chance! With his new equipment he never worries! With this new equipment he sees that Vince Young is to be the Titan QB forever and ever!

All kidding aside, The King has decreed that Vince Young will be THE Titan QB. Do NOT even think about any form of rebellion against this or The King will send you to Tartarus where you will spend forever chained to a rock with a pizza and a brewsky hanging just out of reach above your head. You will constantly try to reach the brewsky or pizza, but each time, it will recede out of reach. Thus you will be cursed with unquenchable thirst and unending hunger for all eternity!!!!!! :flame: BEWARE!

Attached Files:

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

You must be joking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar