Young apologizes to Titans for breaking team rules

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- it surprised me that Fish wouldn't bust everybody (if indeed there were others). The only guess I have is that those others may be on the bubble and keeping them out of the game would jeopardize their chances of making the team. Other than that, I can't think of a reason to punish only Vince. I don't think Fish is into the "whipping boy" philosophy.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Curiously enough....Cutler, who only played in 5 games last year, and has several new receivers, only played in one series for Denver, and threw two passes. Maybe we are putting too much importance on the first game of preseason. Campbell took a beating from us, so maybe coaches want to be sure the offensive line is blocking right, etc. before putting the franchise QB out there.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Maybe if the held out every player they wouldn't had enough to play?
    Maybe he should of just had them all run sprints?

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

dont blame fisher, blame young, he made the descision to go home and get rest in his own bed, im sure if he had told fisher, and had a good reason, fisher wouldnt of minded him staying at his house for the night, but young broke the rules, there for he pays the price, but yes, i do see your point, i turned on the tv expecting to see a picture of vince young as the national anthem was going on, and i feel bad for the fans who went to the game, paid the price of a ticket, and didnt get what they paid for.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

For the record, I am not happy that I didn't get to see Vince play. That is however, not the sole and only reason I disagree with Fisher's decision. I don't think sitting Vince was in the best interest of this football team.

Hoffa- It's gonna be too bad if Vince is unprepared, because we the fans and the Titans team and organization will suffer because of it. Thankfully there is still plenty of time for him to be prepared, and knowing the Vince work ethic, he will be.

Nendzone- Honestly, I'm not stupid or jump to dumb conclusions. I'm just stating in my frustration, that I hope Adams waits around till sometime in the season to see how this team performs, before offering Fisher the extension. This isn't the first thing Fisher has done that has irked me, and I'm starting to doubt his ability as the coach of this team. Actually, I think I'm starting to doubt Fisher's desire to win. Hopefully, it will turn out fine, because I kinda liked Fisher and want to see him succeed here.

Soxcat- I pretty much agree, completely. Although if Vince was the only one to break rules, I think Fisher coulda just went with a reprimand on this one. Doesn't seem like such a serious rule that Vince needed to be suspended for the game.

Riverman- So since certain players are on the bubble it's ok for them to break team rules? Good for them to know I guess.

My opinion stands, this is a STUPID team rule, and an even worse way of enforcing it. I could care less where Vince sleeps the night before the game. I care A LOT about who the starting RB and receivers will be, and it's hard to determine that without seeing who Vince plays well with on the field.

Most of you all side with Fisher on this- cool. I don't.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It's called bonding.....you put the entire team up so they are all under equal circumstances. Think of the disharmony you create when you make some players stay in a hotel, and others are allowed to go home. Those that are stuck there certainly have to be jealous. I can see the reasoning, but think a warning should have been given (if it was and ignored that makes it even worse), before suspending anyone.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Hopefully, Vince will think about that the next time he's thinking about breaking a rule.

But I do think there are other ways to punish him, like making him stay after the game and run suicides until he pukes...

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well at least this rule can please the madden curse believers (im not one of them) Vince is 1/4 of the way done with preseason, and he still doesnt have a single bruise on his body. :)

9. DJB

DJB Starter

When the last time a team had a bad season because the starting QB missed the first quarter of the first pre-season game? "Arrrgghhh!!!! We would have made the playoffs if the QB would have gotten to play in that pre-season game !!!...it set us back for weeks!! we could never get our chemistry after that!!!"

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well, this probably isn't a good analogy, but how about the Titans last season....

KFC was brought in late with little practice or preseason time (did he have any?), and we struggled terribly in the beginning of the season, with no obvious chemistry between the starting QB and the players on the field. If we had won one of those KFC led games, we'd have been in the playoffs last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar