Young apologizes to Titans for breaking team rules

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

It's just as crucial as Vince Young throwing 5 passes in pre-season game 1. Come on dude...the Titans aren't "worse off" or "less prepared for the season"

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't know how you can say we aren't less prepared for the season. We know as little about the starting offense as we did before the first preseason game. Not a good use of the preseason.

To repeat again, WHO CARES who KFC or Rattay develop chemistry with on the field. It's crucial to find out who Vince develops game chemistry with before the season starts.

I just wish that could have happened the first 3 preseason games, so Vince could've rested the final game and be fresh and prepared for the opener at Jacksonville.

And before Vince got pulled from the game, wasn't Fisher saying that Vince would play most of the first half... I bet that would've been more than 5 passes.

Regardless, the team still has plenty of time and hopefully will be ready for the season to begin. Fact is, there are now only 3 preseason games left for the offense to get ready.

Mainly, I think this was a poor decision by Fisher, and I'm starting notice a pattern of decisions that I would call "poor" made by coach.

(Also, mainly, I think this was a poor decision by ME not to sell my preseason tickets. Sorry, but i have better things to do than watch KFC throw balls into the dirt. Ok, yeah, it was still kinda fun and nice to see the defense, but still a disappointing experience.)

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I couldn't disagree more. Vince IS held to a higher standard than the rest of the players. He is paid more money, gets more media attention, and gets more endorsements. Fisher knows this. Vince is the litmus test, the focal point of how other players perceive the discipline issue. Fisher just told everybody that rules are rules- FOR EVERYBODY. If he lets Vince slide, the whole crew then slides. Should he have punished everybody who wasn't there? I would say yes, but I don't know how many of those guys are on the bubble and not playing this game would jeopardize their chances of making the team. Fisher is a player's coach to a degree- so demonstrating he expects all rules to be followed- even by his marquee player- is the right message to send to everybody to keep the locker room in order.

Mawae said it best. (see earlier post).

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Well, if this had been happening with other players before, he could certainly open a few players eyes by suspending VY for this.

By doing this, I don't think he's worried about discipining Vince will affect Vince. Sounds like this was more of a "shot across the bow" through VY.

Vince will be fine.

Let's see how the rest react.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well I guess the whole crew got to slide besides Vince.

I'm glad that the Titans organization has firmly made it's stance that the players will sleep where coach tells you to, otherwise you don't get to play in the game. I believe this is the crucial team rule that will vault the Titans to that next level.

:sarcasm:

It was a ripoff to the fans and a ripoff to the team to not let Vince play. I hope it was worth Fisher making his point.

Now I hope Adams makes his point by not offering that contract extension so quickly, and lets see how the beginning of the season plays out.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sounds to me like your just pissed you didn't get to see Vince play and you are taking out your frustration by spreading your anger around.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The poor decision was made by Vince, who decided that rule didn't apply to him.
    Fisher decided rightly to let him know he is not above the rules, any of the rules.
    If Vince is now unprepared it is his own fault, he knew the rule.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

exactly, and vince knows nobody is above the rules, not even him. its still going to hurt us, because vince young needs to develop chemistry with his recievers, and find out who is gonna emerge as his go to target. I have a feeling it will be Bo Scaife being that they both went to texas.

9. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

You think Adams flew up from Houston, showed up in the owner's box on Saturday night, and asked "Where the hell is Vince?"

Doubtful it came as a surprise to him. And he is still Fisher's boss. So chances are that means he was totally okay with how Fisher handled the situation.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If other players were staying home without permission and Fisher singled out Young to make some point I'm not OK with the decision (and last I checked the fans are the ones who pay Fisher's salary). I have no problem with the punishment if VY was alone in breaking a team rule but if I went through the trouble of going to a pre-season game, getting in with a ticket that costs regular season prices and I don't even get to see the teams best player on the field I do have a problem with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar