Young and WRs Working Out in Houston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I felt like he could have done just fine. I didn't like the way he was booted out in favor of Collins :moon2: As far as his biggest fan..not really

Hooky Hornstein, yeah I wanted the Titans to draft Cutler. Not a homer since I am a Vols fan and he played for Vandy. I just think in the long run he would have been the better choice.

2. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

my bad. I meant to say "If Bud Adams had not fired Bum Phillips."

I must admit, however, that I couldn't help but keep an eye on the Oilers/Titans even after that.

It broke my heart when the Bills came back in 1993 and it broke my heart even more when Kevin Dyson came up a yard short in Super Bowl XXXIV.

I always had a fondness for the franchise. Even before they drafted Earl.

3. Hooky Hornstein

I can respect that opinion. Jay Cutler is an outstanding quarterback and I think he'll be very successful for the Broncos.

4. H Man

H Man Guest

I think he meant - When Bud Adams fired Bum Phillips...

5. Hooky Hornstein

And I'm sure it can be very off-putting for many longtime Titan fans - especially those who may have preferred Cutler or Leinart - to have to contend with hoards of hyperbolic Texas Longhorn fans, like me, who became instant Tennessee Titan fans the minute Vince Young was drafted.

In our defense all I can say is that we (I) don't do this for every former Texas player.

Texas has had at least one player drafted in the NFL draft every year dating back to 1938 and Texas currently has about 30 former players playing in the NFL. I wish them all well, but I don't buy my kids Chris Simms Tampa Bay jerseys or Priest Holmes Kansas City jerseys.

Vince Young, on the other hand, is extraordinary. Absolutely extraordinary. We didn't get it at first. At first, I think we just thought he was merely talented. Even midway through the 2004 season, he just seemed to be merely gifted. Then somewhere around the 2004 Oklahoma State game, Vince Young began to elevate everything. And very soon he became absolutely phenomenol in every sense of the word.

I'm 45 and I've been a rabid Texas fan, and cursory Cowboys, Astros, Spurs fan all my life and I've never seen anyone like Vince Young. The closest comparison I can make is to Michael Jordan.

When Tennessee drafted Vince Young, I instantly became not just a Titans fan, but a rabid Titans fan, because I am not about to miss one minute of every wonderful thing that Vince Young is going to make happen for the Tennessee Titans. It's a once in a lifetime thing.

I'm happy for you longtime Titan fans. I hope I won't be too much of pest. I totally respect all of you.

But I guarantee you, we are all in for the ride of our lives.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Nice post Hooky...Let's GO!!!:thumb:

7. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

VY Rocks!!

8. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Hooky, I for one am glad to have you UT fans onboard. I could care less why you are Titans fans. If you are a Young fan first, that's fine too, because the team itself will still grow on you and then you will be a fan for life. Vince Young is one of the best things to happen to this organization. The optimism I have for this team right now is unimaginable. I'm convinced we'll get a SB title out of this draft pick.

Prior to the Championship game, I didn't want Vince. But that game sold me, completely. I was stunned by what I saw....I really couldn't believe it. It was the most amazing college performance I had ever seen. Even so, I still favored Leinart a bit, but when we drafted Young I was fine with it. Over the past year, I've become more than fine with it.

I can understand why fans would follow this guy to whatever team he is on. Welcome aboard. If I were in Austin, I would buy you a drink....actually, I may be at some point, since my father and brother both live there ;)

9. Hooky Hornstein

Thank you, BulluckFan (and Hoffa too)! I appreciate it.

And BullockFan, I'll take you up on that drink someday and buy you some cheese enchiladas to boot.

10. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

if Bud didn't move to Tennessee, what board would you be posting on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar