You'll never guess what happened..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This was weird.

Brian and I got invited to this party in Kihei, Maui. We showed up...a BIG party, and we were underdressed for the occasion, toting our music gear. I was wearing my #9 jersey.
    Someone calls out as i entered the room, "HEY, #9!! You do know that McNair is with the Ravens, Right?" I said "yeah, whattaya gonna do...."
    It was Travis Laboy's mom. Here, of all places. And guess what? Billy Volek's mom is about 20 minutes away from here.

Naturally, we talked Titans for some time, and I got some interesting insight. Yes, she said, the team feels that Volek got bent over.
    Travis claims there is a huge leadership deficit, which is one of the reasons they're playing is unfocused. But here's the kicker:

Someone on this board got it right (TitanJeff, IIRC): Injuries are so heavy here because the conditioning coaches are wearing the players out before the season starts. Along with the physical abuse of off-season practice, the supplements are being administered very heavily, so the players are not only physically stressed, they're feeling nauseous, sleepless and downright ill. The players are being conditioned to death.
    According to her, it turns out that I was right about something too: Fisher's decline is directly related to his divorce and, according to her, a relationship that he got into afterward. It just changed his focus. That being said, he still can't perform to the best of his ability because Reese and the FO keeps getting in the way. They're giving orders from the top down without listening to the feedback from the bottom up. The Leinart/Young thing is exactly as you have stated: Fisher and Chow wanted Leinart, Bud and Reese said no, period. Fish and Chow don't much care for VY, because he won't fit into their offensive scheme. Fisher may feel powerless, and therefore his coaching pointless (my words, not hers).

Just thought you might be interested in a peek in the back door.

Now I just get to wait and see if our phone rings in the morning...she REALLY wanted us to go with her to some bar for the game. Cool lady, sounds like fun.

2. avvie

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

What no TO stuff :evil:

I don't like that some players mom by way of a forum has pissed me off with her not so rosy Titans insight.

I like you Avvie & I don't doubt for a second that your telling the truth about what was said but LaBoy's mom has not painted a good picture of what's going on.

She may be right on the money but I smell BS.

None of the 'NFL legal' supplements available should be making players ill. Creatine,Amino acids & stuff like that don't have that effect. That's the thing about what you've related she said that has me questioning the validity of the things she said.

4. avvie

Neither has the scoreboard.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's a pretty broad statement considering the huge amount of legal supplements.

However I don't quite buy the "being conditioned to death" part. Injuries per definition are more likely to occur to someone who isn't in good shape. And I doubt that they coaches can condition them to a point where they're playing with fatigue, certainly an entire offseason and preseason should have them in shape to handle the conditioning they're seeing during the season.

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I was just reading her blog on the Titans Online site this morning and thought that she sounded pretty sharp. After hearing what Avvie has to say, I've changed my opinion.

My two cents... How would she or Travis know that Coach's divorce has affected him professionally? Neither of them were around before his divorce.

And I don't buy the over conditioning angle either. We are not having more injuries than other NFL teams.

That being said, good post. And party on.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It was a pretty broad statement but can you think of any 'allowed' supplements that would make you nauseous. I can't see why they'd be onstuff that gets the heart rate up like fat burners but if they were, nauseos feelings go away after a couple of days.

What else is there thats legal?

8. avvie

It may be the amounts. Dunno.
    However it is, I was given the impression that the players were being nuked rather than conditioned. The abnormally high injury ratio in TEN seems to indicate that something is wrong.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

May not be over conditioning but our injuries over the past 2 - 3 years have been to the point of ridculousness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar