You will never guess what I heard when I put my ear to the street.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 1, 2006.

?
  1. yes, of course he will

27.8%
  2. afraid not, his days are numbered big time

33.3%
  3. unsure

38.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I totally disagree.
    I think this would be a very attractive job to a lot of "marquee" HC's.

Coach's love to inherit a team that is performing badly, so it makes them look so much better when the start looking better.

The Cowboys were bottom feeders when Pacells decided to go there. Just like most the other teams were where he went were also.

Nobody wants to follow a Steve Spurrier (talking college here) when they could a Eddie Sutton [type situation].

Nashville is an nice area to live without the daily pressure and scrutnity like they have in large markets.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We get extremely better the SECOND Schwartz leaves this organization. I've said it before, if it means Fisher leaves so Schwartz is gone, DEAL! If anyone else takes over this team, we will be better, no one else would allow this. This is beyond rediculous. We are a totally different team without Schwartz, a better team. There is no emotion from our D, that comes from Jim.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Parcells went to the Cowboys because they were big time. The Dallas base/market is huge. They are a spotlight team even if they suck. In fact, The Tuna said he would not have coached for any other team... either that or Dallas was atop a short list... something like that.

Jim Schwartz is Jeff Fisher's son? That explains alot. :yes:

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

No...huh?....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[​IMG]

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I've been a die hard Fisher supporter but it isn't looking good for Jeff right now.

There's also the stuff we hear about Reese having Bud's ear when it comes to player signings. If he's coaching with one hand behind his back he may well have had enough.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

BP...is this the moonshine talking??

:drunk:

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I can't help but wonder how the Patriots can beat the Bengals. When you look at their lineup, surely they don't have significantly better talent than us, yet they play 10x better. And they had a lot of "nonames" in during the game and still played well.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Both Fisher and Reese contracts end this year. Adams has an option for Fisher for 2007, no option on Reese.

I say Reese is allowed to explore other oppertunities in the league and Fisher becomes HC/GM with a shiny new 5 year contract at 5m+ per year.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If you love Fisher, you can't have it both ways. The salary cap hell that we are suffering through is a result of Floyd and Co "stacking" the team and trying the beat the cap system to get the Lombardi trophy.

Fisher had exceptional talent at his disposal during those years. He has not done jack-squat in regards to player development, new schemes or really anything positive that I can point to. So posters please refrain from talking about what a great coach he is and how he doesn't have anything to work with. The great coaches can do better than 9-25 in a down period.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no, it's grapevine... I drove home just fine btw. I just have good reason to think my source is legit. I like Fisher. I just believe what I've been told.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar