You Tube Prospects Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Best back in this draft..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/27cxAs7mGSs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/27cxAs7mGSs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Best combination of attributes needed to succeed with the ideal body type.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Another 200lb back with blinding speed..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJ4faK6n7lE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJ4faK6n7lE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4.33 40 translates into a career yard per carry of 3.67 and 3 long runs in 312 carries.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Jerious Norwood. 200 lbs, 4.3 speed, over 6 ypc so far in his career.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thanks bobo! Was norwood a 1st or 2nd rd pick? No a mid 3rd rd pick. And by the way his 40 time at the combine was 4.40 a time he apparently was satisfied with because he only ran once and didn't run at his pro day..

Now tell me bobo which prospect this year will be as good as norwood in the third rd?.. I'll hang up and wait for your answer..

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've seen times for him listed faster than 4.4, like 4.33. Point is, he's that 200 lb fast back you are discouraging us from believing can help our team.

Who knows what prospect will be as good as Norwood in the 3rd? You think I have a crystal ball? BUT this looks like the best year to get that type of back. There will surely be a burner there in the 2nd, maybe still by the 3rd. There's several guys to look at, you can find them. I've seen most of them, and been impressed by most.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Does Mendenhall do anything impressive? I got bored about 3 minutes in to the clip a few posts above.
    All he does is run straight ahead and gets what the blockers would earn for any running back behind them. And then, as soon as the blocking is gone, he gets tackled.

he doesn't do anything special at all.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I guess we need Illinois' entire offensive line then. They GAVE Rashard Mendenhall 1681 yards! Imagine what they could do with a real running back....

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bobo, norwood's combine time was 4.40.

Ok norwood is an example of a 200 ld fast guy who looks like a winner. How many do we know about? Seems to me that most of them don't work out and certainly there is no coorelation with a back being explosive in college ball and taking that to the nfl. Michael bennett a similar type back had some success and explosiveness but i doubt if any viking fan will tell you he was a good draft pick.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

One place says 4.40, one says 4.33, one says 4.35. There is no official time that I'm aware of.

I would rather have a do it all guy who has power, speed, and weighs 230. But there's guys of different sizes, strengths, and weaknesses who excel in the NFL. I won't discount a guy because he's light. There have been bigger backs who aren't what they were hyped to be. Dayne, Greg Jones, Eric Shelton all come to mind.

This year happens to have a lot of those smaller, yet very fast backs. Chow found a way to get mistmatches before, maybe he can do it again with another scat back type. If not, even if a guy could give 100 solid carries a year like Norwood, I think that would definitely help our running game.

10. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

I like Norwood as well. Is he a free agent? What does he have to do with anything?

I think Mendenhall can be effective for us as well, but almost everything he does well is what Lendale does well, and the very few things Henry does well, so why do we need 3 guys doing that? I agree with the gloat though. I never see Mendenhall make anyone miss or really break any tackles. His big gains are when misdirection from Juice Williams or the O Line gets him in the open field.

We need a RB that can make people miss, can catch the ball in the flat and pick up a 3rd and 10 in the open field. Plus, if the knock on Jamal Charles is that he's only 205 pounds, I guess I agree... but he's 6'1" and 20 years old. He can put on 15 pounds or so. That's a Red Herring. He's been the main RB at Texas for 2 1/2 years now with minimal injury history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar