Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

You made me do it. Marcell Dareus... why?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,153
    Alot of people have Dareus rated as the #1 DT prospect, that is surprising. I think he'll be a solid 3-4 DE, but I see him as a mid 1st (10-15 range). But with 7 out of 10 teams in the Top 10 run a 3-4, he'll def go Top 10.
  2. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,602
    I like guys like Nevis and Clayborn WAY more than Dareus and I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't.
  3. TNforever Practice Squad

Moolah:
    $0
    Yes, he did have a good day at the combine.
    But....if he got his reputation from these 2 plays thats not really saying much. Alabama had a top ranked defense, put Fairley or any of the other top ranked DT's in this draft, and I bet they make more plays, tackles, sacks, etc.
  4. Tull Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    "He's big and ties up inside running lanes, allowing others to rack up tackles. That's really ALL he's done "
    The NFL pays a lot of money for players to do just this!
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,781
    Yea I realize that, but for the money he'll be getting, I need more from him to warrant that kind of money from my favorite team.
  6. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833

Most people don't have their brains in their arses. Dareus out weighs Nevis by 30 lbs and Clayborn was a non impact player at Iowa last year. A DE with only 3.5 sacks and 7 TKL? Are you kidding?

Poor analysis as usual. No excuse me no analysis.
  7. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833

Not an endorsement for the 3-4 then is it? The value oif Dareus as a prospect is that he can play 3-4 end, 3-4 NT and 4-3 DT. He can play anywhere you need a big guy who can move well. Everybody would like to have a guy like that.
  8. 24 Starter

Moolah:
    $36
    Then it's even worse. You have no idea what you're looking at.

Nevis is as undersized as they get for DT. That's what you want? And, Clayborn was diagnosed with Erb's Palsy, his right arm is undersized.
  9. Raistmagic Starter

Moolah:
    $268
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc_tFjmih7k

What about this?

Dareus is a beast. He played the entire season on a high ankle sprain. During the National Championship season, he recorded 6 sacks as a back-up 3-4 end.

Idk if you guys know this but the job of a 3-4 end isn't typically to get sacks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.