You do understand Munch lost this game right?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

They way the defense was giving up long drives the whole game allowing the Colts to reach the redzone many times.

On our last possession of regular regulation 4th and 9 on the 40 yard line? Munch decides to punt the ball. That was the fatal mistake! much like Jeff Fisher would have done, he gambled on the defense to hold them, and even if he knew we would hold them, he then didn't even think about what if the Colts win the coin toss? Could we stop them with tons of time to start OT?

it was 13-13 with a minute left on our 40 yard line and he punted the ball! we scored a TD on 4th and 9 two weeks ago! we got Nate,Cook,Britt,CJ and Wright but he had no play call that could have picked up the 1st down?

We would have given up 40 yards by not making the 4th Down but it was worth the shot to keep the drive alive. Punting that ball was gambling we could stop them, which they just took a knee, then we gambled who would win the coin toss ,which we lost. Then of course the defense played exactly how they did all game and gave up the winning TD.

Munch pretty much skipped our last shot to win to play the odds.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The defense created a turnover, no thanks to the officials.

But seriously, I don't have an issue with the punt. A 50+ yard field goal in that weather is not a gimme. I'd rather the Colts start inside their own ten than at midfield with a minute and two timeouts left.

What I don't understand is why Ryan Mouton is covering Reggie Wayne all game...

• High Five High Five x 10
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I thought the officials lost this game for us mostly.

Well that and allowing whoever the Colts RB was to bust 10 yard gains up the middle at will.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

If our defense had been playing tight all game I wouldnt have a problem with the punt either.

But when you have one of the worst defenses in the NFL you have to take your shot when you have it. our offense didnt get to touch the ball again after that punt. and I knew that would be the case when we punted. Munch should have felt that in his guts also.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We held them to 13 points, and INT in the endzone and a fumble right before OT. Only so much you can do. Only putting up 13 points is the start. This is more on Palmer IMO than anything.

Yea I said it, individual stats for everyone looked good. But only two guys had a TD.......and guess how many points it put up?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. sweep

sweep Starter

I disagree. Letting Fisher go was the fatal mistake, he would have gambled.

7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Exactly!!! The DTs were playing so far apart. That's on Grey and the sorry ass Dline coach.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If Bironas misses a long field goal in this situation and the Colts get the ball at midfield and win in regulation you're screaming about Munch losing the game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That was an in-the-wind kick as well. Serious wind.

10. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

if we make the 4th and 9, its a 1st down. we didn't have to kick.

and like i said, with our d we were gonna let them score no matter where they started on the field. you cant trust you D when it's playing like that. you have to take risk with your offense.

unless you dont think the D has a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar