you can't touch this

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

Only $25.99 for what I have.

$174.99 is ridiculous if true.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I have the 15 mb service and for hd television w/dvr that records 4 shows simultaneously, voice and internet it's $140. The network happens to deliver to me about 30 mb down and about 6 mb up. That's fantastic. That's more than I'm paying for. The individual price for internet only for the 15 mb service is $57.99. Keep in mind Comcast is not based in Tennessee rather it is based in Pennsylvania which explains why Ryan has a decent value. If I could download 20 mb over Comcast here I'd ignore the sub 1mb upload speed especially at that price but it's not that way in Tennessee. It's more like 4 or 5 mb download on it's best day and barring any bundling package the Comcast cable internet service is about $50... Sad thing is they make claims like it's 10 or 12 mb download but the truth is the coverage is spotty and the network is prone to lag or will go down all altogether at peak times. How many times a day do you typically have to power cycle you modem/router? You just have to be able to appreciate how terrible Comcast actually can be in this area before paying $7 dollars more for 10x as much sounds as awesome to your ears as it does to mine. Plus, I like the idea of the network being 100% fiber all the way to the house where the new network box was installed. From there category 5 cable runs to the router location and rg-6 co-ax runs to the dvr. The television reception is amazing. It redefined hi-def for me. I used satellite services for a long time and was happy with them for the most part but the new fiber LAN blows it away. What's crazy about the dvr is that it's so small and does so much so fast. Channel surfing is back. It can tune the channels as quickly as you can push an arrow key just like the old cable tuners. I was surprised by that. I was especially surprised when it turned out the dvr was made by cisco.

3. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

I am Comcast at home and run about 25down at the moment. But yes, that's impressive.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I have no idea what this thread is about. Can someone please explain it to me?

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Internet Speed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar