Yep Letting Mac go was best for the titans...................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Yeah letting #9 go was really what we needed to do and just let him go to the Ravens. Waiting until the very last moment to get Kerry Collins was another great move. Yeah this franchise is headed in the right direction all right. Can anyone say top 5 draft pick next year?

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

#9 shouldn't have started talking retirement two years ago if he didn't mean it. Take that, followed by a couple of bad years and it's time for a change. He looks great now, but he's on a lot better team than he was here too. Sometimes change is good. It is for him...

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

We couldn't afford him anyway, not without prolonging the crap we're experiencing now for an additional 2-3 years.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The difference between us and the Patriots or the Colts is the difference between Floyd Reese and Bill Polian or the Pats GM.

5. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

IMO it was best to let him go, a good example of that is Green Bay- They can't begin to rebuild until they begin to groom the next starter..
    we began rebuilding last year and with that unfortunatly we lost our leader Mcnair, sometimes you can't step forward without taking a couple steps back, I hate the ratbirds but I wish Steve the best.. eventually every team in this league has to do it.. hopefully we can just get through the growing pains as fast as possible...

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

tc25...

"top five draft pick," says Bipolar... oh and
    YOU'RE WRONG.
    :logo:
    You couldn't be more wrong.:cry: :cry:

take your salary cap hell like a man.:eek:

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We couldn't have gotten the FAs we did if we kept steve... He won't look good all year, you'll see...

8. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

doesnt anyone recall last year, with basically throwing to tight ends, and running backs, Mcnair had 16 touchdowns and nearly 2500 yards passing with a college style offense in one of the toughest divisons in football. Yeah we picked up a few scrappy free agents I do think David Thornton will be a good addition but not good enough to get rid of one of the top quaterbacks in the NFL. I just think this franchise has no idea what it is doing. I really hope im wrong.

9. SteveH

SteveH Starter

I got to agree with Titans25 at the minute.. nothing I see/hear/read makes me think there's a precise strategy, and I'm worried like hell about all this Bud Adams wants Young to get on the field stuff..
    I always trusted in Fisher.. but you know..
    That said.. all it takes is a good couple of games from VY, even Collins, and an injury to McNair and it'll look better
    I expect Jevon to go and burn up the NFL when he left.. but haven't heard that much.... ...

10. SteveH

SteveH Starter

Obviously I mean expectED... christ, it's late over here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar