Y'all Would Have Hated McNair Too -- The Mariota Haters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isntlifefunny

Isntlifefunny Special Teams Standout

Logic always means more than stupidity.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Maybe I should have included that you think Mariota is a prolific passer and that a fumble that has been charged to Mariota is the fault of someone else.

3. Tuckfro42

11 posts.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Isntlifefunny

I'm guessing the one where Murray fumbled an exchange on the read option was Mariota's fault as well.

And yes, he's quite a proficient passer. He's put up more TDs than Rodgers, Manning, Brady, and Farve at the start of their careers.

Once again, intelligence means much more than stupidity. By the way your last post was a logical fallacy of some ridiculous appeal to authority. But, it's what I've come to expect reading this board, so don't feel bad.

5. Isntlifefunny

I honestly don't know, but this is possibly the lamest appeal to authority I've seen. Feel free to keep it up!

6. Tuckfro42

Then why did you feel the need to post all of the sudden? Mariota is a proficient passer, when he is not passing the ball to the other team, but he is not a prolific passer in any sense of the term.

And, yes, any fumble that has been credited to Mariota is his fault. Quit trying to change the facts.

And, sure, Intelligence means more than stupidity. You are not doing much to counteract this axiom.

7. Isntlifefunny

Hmm, pretty sure the fumble where the staff and Murray admitted he held on in the Vikings game was his fault. Also pretty sure the one where he lateraled the ball to Douglas, by design, that hit him square in the numbers was also his fault.

Prolific passer? Yeah, more touchdowns than Peyton Manning in his first 22 starts. 13 TDs and 3 picks his last four games. For a second year QB he is putting up excellent numbers on par and better than the greats. The fumbling is an issue, but every QB has things they have to work through. It's a part of the game.

As for the rest of it, a logical fallacy is just that. Deal with it, read a book or two, and get back to me.

8. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I remember not being too smitten with McNair at times. That pick 6 in the NE playoff game in 03 or 04 really tweaked my mellon. More so than TD's or QB rating, McNair demanded my respect by sheer effort and determination, so all in all I was a huge fan of his, and took the bad with the good.

This was also in large part before social media, so most of my opinions are not traceable but were in alrge part kept to myself.

If twitter was around, Im sure id be able to go back and see me flipping out about some of the things McNair did back then.

Ive been super critical of Mariota, but I can see the point of view that him and McNair share similar traits, and really the only titans quarterback you can compare Mariota to is McNair, simply because he was the last time we had a QB even approaching "legit" status.

I was a kid when McNair was a rookie 96-98 time frame, i didnt care about leadership ability, etc. It wasnt really until McNair was almost done that I started caring about things other than TD's and flashy espn stuff. Mariota is getting judged differently, and i guess that sint 100% fair.

I just want us to be a competative team again. My Favorite titans season was the "no respect" season, no pro bowlers, 1-4 record to 11-5, played and lost in the conference championship, but that was the most rabid our fans have ever been, and it was just an awesome season. Thoroughly enjoyed that season even more than 08 going 10-0. Just want to get back to that all hands on deck, us against the world, mentality and win some games. If Mariota can get us there, then lets roll dog.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Don't get me wrong, McNair was the best qb in the Titans era, but he used to tick me off. Guy was always too "hurt" to practice and his game play reflected that his last couple of seasons here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

@Deuce Wayne

Mariota > McNair

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar