Y'all Would Have Hated McNair Too -- The Mariota Haters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The Mariota haters would have all hated Steve McNair too during the "Oilers" years -- 1995-1998. His first two years as a starter, 1997 and 98, were horrible. Despite having the chance to sit and learn for two years. And despite the fact he had an OL with 3 pro bowl linemen. Don't believe me? Consider the following:
    • Each of his first two years as a starter McNair only won 8 games and many of the games he lost were close games
    • McNair threw INTs, a lot of them in fact. In 1997, in his first year as a starter, McNair threw 13 INTs and only 14 TDs
    • McNair's completion percentage sucked -- 52% and 58%
    Y'all would have been hating real hard on McNair back then. Wanting Dave Kreig to start, saying we should draft a replacement in the third round, wanting to trade for someone like Boomer Esiason.

Have a look at the stats, I have highlighted his first year as a starter:
    HatersGonnaHate.png

Taken from: Steve McNair Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Steve McNair calling out the haters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five x 5
    • Boring x 2
    • Cheers x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Asking him to protect the ball isn't asking too much.

I'm not as down on Mariota as the knee jerk crew but the fumbles are getting old. Protect the ball already. This has been a problem going all the way back to college.

I'm beginning to think it won't get fixed. It'll just be a part of his game we have to deal with.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The fumbles are 100% on coaching according to Hammer.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. The Hammer

no, not 100%, coaches not fixing it

You all also missing the point, you would be hating on McNair too

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Carson Palmer and Carson Wentz have more fumbles than Mariota. Big Ben has as many, Aaron Rodgers one less, lets throw some hate at those guys.

• High Five High Five x 11
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Correct. If MM never gets any better than McNair I will be hating on him too.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think if Mariota had 16 wins in his first two seasons there wouldn't be nearly as many "haters".

9. The Hammer

Except those were seasons 3 and 4 for McNair ;)

And in 1998 the team was primed for the playoffs but still only won 8 games. Y'all would have been all over McNair.

In fact, y'all were, in 1999 people were booing him the first game of the year

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  10. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

People have unreasonable expectations. Worst record in the league last year = playoffs this year ?

Puh-leeze.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar