Y'all need to apologize to Ruston Webster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Just say no, to USC QBs.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Considering Sanchez(USC) has had more success than any of our QB's since....

McNair??? maybe we should say yes?

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its kind of like dumpster diving outside a 5* restaurant.

Yea sure, you may get a nice steak thats been picked on, but in the end it is still trash and probably going to give you a parasite or end up fighting off some nasty raccoons.

• LOL LOL x 4
  5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

But you are okay with drafting a Oregon QB?

Who was the last successful Oregon Qb in the NFL?

Btw I don't like to knock a QB because of their school, but I will play along.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Fouts

but I also believe you need to look at what team they went to, and how that team built around them.

So Harrington and Akili Smith never really had a chance......

I'm not too big on Mariotta either, but eh.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If everyone agrees Griff is an average S at best, then the only argument is what to do with him. Everyone plays better with better talent surrounding them...even elite players so that's a non-issue. The bigger issues are his salary impacts on our salary cap and the culture this kind of thing creates. If you are going to overpay mediocre players, you are sending the message that we not only accept mediocrity, we REWARD it!!!

Look at NE. They underpay EVERYONE because it is a PRIVILEDGE to play for that team. If you don't want to do your best, no problem...go find a job somewhere else. Even Brady takes paycuts. Heck, they didn't even give Welker a great offer after he'd been an excellent WR for them for something like 5 years.

And yet we overpay for average players. And that is a big chunk of the problem. Money talks in that business and if you reward mediocrity...mediocrity is what you will get. And unfortunately, mediocrity is not what gets you to the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't mind Griff being on the team at a cap hit of $3 mil/yr. Then he's getting paid as an average S and is an ok placeholder until we find someone better. Imagine if Sammie Lee Hill had a cap hit in the $8mil range. I'd be saying the same thing about him. But since we signed him to a reasonable contract, he gets to work for his money and can be replaced at any time.

This is the main impetus to get Griff and Levitre off the team to clear the books (and not keep overpaying mediocre play year after year after year!) and send the message your pay is commensurate with your performance.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Lol. Dumbest argument ever. Before big ben, who was another good qb from miami(ohio)? other good UT qbs besides peyton? Michigan besides brady? Wisconsin besides r wilson?

Dumb, dumb argument

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Lol how is that bullsh/t? Honestly? the school producing good Qbs is the most garbage argument I've ever heard.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Thats my point...

read the who convo before trying to call it dumb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar