Rumor Yahoo: Titans could trade Jurrell Casey to Rams for 1st round pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Crowe 62, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If we trade up to #2 overall then it is going to be to take a QB to replace Locker. If this rade were to happen (and trust me it won't) I'd take Bortles or Bridgewater at number 2 overall and then grab the best pass rusher or OT available at 11.

Bortles/Robinson for example finishes our offense for the next 3-4 year.

2. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I just don't think we trade Casey for the 2nd pick and not replace him with a stud on defense. I would be pissed if we made that trade and took a QB and a OT. I don't really like any of the "top" QB and would much rather Clowney at 2

3. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I would be quite satisfied to pick up Johnny football or Bridgewater with that pick. I am not giving up on Locker, but I am an ardent supporter of the view we need to insure ourselves with his injury history. And if we can upgrade with a pick we do.....

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I don't disagree but there's no way we could pass on a QB if we have our pick of anybody in the draft to choose from; at 11 we could then pick between the best pass rusher or OT.None of this matters though because we are going to re-sign Casey and there no way the Rams trade for him.

5. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I hear ya. Just fun to talk about in the off-season

6. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

No way IMO that we get that for Casey. Just a dream IMO.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I read that article and thought it was beyond ridiculous. The Rams wouldn't take that deal even if we threw in #11 with it. However I would be happy to do it if they did, but we would have to replace Casey with someone at DT in the draft, cause I don't have faith in Mookie or Sammie to get production there. Casey & Verner were 2 of our best defenders last year and if we didn't resign Vern, we'd be without both of them.

Oh, and whoever said they didn't want Clowney because he was lazy, it was obvious to everyone watching that Clowney was basically taking this year easy so he didn't get injured and hurt the money he'll get in the draft and his draft stock. There was even discussion before the season that he could even sit out the year to protect himself.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And DL is the WORST position to have a lazy player

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Wait a minute Albert Haynesworth turned out just...oh wait.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not QB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar