Yahoo News: Reggie Bush being investigated

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thaht's right,... bring him to #3

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Sports Business Journal is reporting that testimony a parole hearing earlier this year indicates that New Era Marketing had a deal with Reggie. Their website is subscription only, but PFT has a summary of the article up...

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

This story is getting UGLY.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He may have broken a rule (I think he did), but I don't see it as a detriment to his character. He might lose his Heisman. Who cares. I think 30 million dollars will help him ease the pain.

4. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

That's because it's invisible. He had the same system installed in his parents' home, but a generator went out...that's why the story just now broke :ha:

5. maximus

maximus Starter

He can act too:))
    Not another Terry Bradshaw

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

When did they move in?

Did the violations occur while reggie was playing?

Nothing is going to happen to reggie but the worst case scenario would have USC forfeiting some games.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ghost....

It's wrong because it is a form of compensation that is against ncaa rules. If the compensation occured while he was college elgible it is a violation.

It's not like reggie's family was destitute and homeless and some guy helped put them in an apartment. It was compensation in lieu of future business with bush.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

He could lose his Heisman, but that's about it.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Now what?

Now there are reports that this same guy paid for bush's family to attend road games. Major big time violation.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The more stuff that comes out about this story, the more I think USC is going to get nailed. There was just too much going on for the program not to have ANY knowledge of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar