Y-Sports Praise Titans Offense Article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/post-nfl-draft-stock-watch.html;_ylt=Arm4zGyV_eu5KuKNEKQ7ntm5bZ8u

Yahoo Sports Columnist (John Hansen) ranks Jake Locker and Matt Hasselbeck their # 1 risers after the draft, heading into 2012. Technically, the articles premise is focusing on the "fantasy football" aspect of things, however, none-the-less he highlights some interesting points, hyping up the Titans offense even a little more than us "Titan" fans seem to be doing ...

"...the Titans have now invested a No. 1 pick on a skill player in four of the last five years."

We're still looking at an offense that is great on paper and merely intriguing in reality, but you have to love the weaponry they're supplying for these QBs.

"Wright is also good protection for Kenny Britt, should he have any setbacks with his recovery from knee surgery (he's in good shape right now)...But if Britt is back, Washington stays, and if TE Jared Cook continues to show progress, the Titans are absolutely loaded at receiver now."

Some of these statements seem a little "overdone" albeit its from a "fantasy" perspective more than a reality.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

They are just mentioning what we've been saying on this board for weeks.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

good to see some publicity..... however, it's yahoo sports.... cmon..

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I wasn't happy with the first pick, but damn...Wouldn't mind having an explosive offense that could convert downs. Locker, Britt, Washington, Cook, CJ, Wright- yes plz.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

it's always fun to be optimistic. If Locker/Wright play out, Britt stays healthy, CJ reverts to 2000 yd back form, Cook is a 1000 yd TE...

we have one of the most unstoppable offenses in the NFL.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

And if Locker plays like a second year, Wright takes awhile to develop, Britt gets injured again, CJ continues his decline, and Cook continues to be a useless rockhead we'll be god awful lol

8. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Last time we had a great offense was 2003 I think. Scored over 30 points in I think 6 games straight. Had one of the leagues higher scoring teams. I would love to see something like that again. If Locker starts and soem good WR and if OL and CJ are back to form I may cry thinking of the MCcnair/Eddie days.

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

People forget our team in 2010 we were in the top 5 in points until around week 6 when VY got hurt. I think we can be elite this year if everything goes according to plan. We have not been bad for a while, just had a lot of distractions the past couple years. People also forget we are only 4 years removed from the best record in the NFL in 2008.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Can't wait to see our offense... I just wish we could landed someone like Scott Wells. He would of taken our OL to the next level. Imagine having CJ2K back, with all those passing targets... wow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar