Y is Griffen playing at CB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyPitts

DannyPitts "Put a Sock in It" champ

i agree with you right here. it only makes sense....

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why?

Fisher is the one moving him to CB.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

griffin is actually exceptionally well at coverage already.

4. DannyPitts

kidding. the reason we would fire him is because of his already vested interest to bolt to green bay to become team pres. shows greta loyalty. i wouldnt want a guy calling shots that will affect us long-term if he's possibly gonna be out of town in a year

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Kelly Herndon sucks. Super Bowl record or not, he sucks.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I have confidence he will excell at CB.....

7. DannyPitts

i agree.... to disagree.(to deelux)

i too have confidence.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

The reason is simply this:

The Titans' brass thinks they can get a prototypical CB out of the draft positition. If Griffen was a CB in college, and let's say he was pretty good - then having that size and speed, I'd say he'd be a top 10 pick. The only reason why he wasn't a top ten pick is because he's a safety. A typical low valued position.

I must say its a gutsy call. If they got it rightl; it will go down as one of the best picks in a while.

Every scout said he has the physical talents to play CB. He has very fluid hips, instict for the ball, and he is excellent in run support, everything Fisher covets from the spot.

Imagine PacMan coverage skills and Bulluck's LOS tackling ability. That's what they are going after.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What was Rasheen Mathis like his first year at Cornerback? He was a Safety in college wasn't he?

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he flip flopped between S and CB. the jags had him at S for about five or six games then moved him to CB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar