xpmar9x Titans Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

It covers our needs X, but what about OLB?. I love Bowers at 8 and Mallett at 39. I dont like McCarthy in the third round at all. Sash is a solid player and pick. Smith and Cortez are good prospects as well.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I have faith in McRath and Witherspoon. Plus we have Rennie, just a 3rd rounder last year. I think we have bigger needs than OLB, in the draft early.

3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I really liked the Curran pick last year, but I'm worried about his height for OLB.Looking foward to seeing an improvement from him in preseason and looking for a starting spot NEXT year. McRath and Witherspoon are average, but we still need a OLB with excellent coverage skills.

Pay Tulloch the money and save the 3rd rounder.
    Also could Curran play ILB?

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We currently don't have a LB that can cover, unless it's Curran, who none of us have seen enough of to make that judgement on. We need an OLB with great coverage skills. That might have been our weakest area on the whole team last year was LBs covering TEs.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

3rd is way too high for McCarthy IMO. I'm in agreement with someone else, pay Tully and spend the 3rd on something better, this guy isn't an upgrade over Tully. He's a good player, but 5th and on.

No way DBrown from SoMiss lasts until the 7th. He's got 1st round talent, with a 3rd round head. He's the Brandon Marshall of this WR class, I'm thinking he doesn't make it past the 4th.

6. xpmar9x

Updated mock 04/22/11. :) Feedback por favor

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Do you live in Candyland or something? There is zero chance Von Miller is on the board at eight, likewise with Little in the 4th.

8. xpmar9x

I don't live there, but I am a 4-Time World Candyland Champion.

Why is it so crazy, Marshall Faulks mock has him going 10th? It's very possible for ANY player to fall, especially in this years draft.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Miller will be long gone by 8, but even if he isn't, it would be a really dumb pick for the Titans.

We have been over this before. Miller is not a 4-3 linebacker. He is a 3-4 rush linebacker. Putting him at OLB in a 4-3 would be a huge waste of his talent. It would be absolutely insane to waste a high pick on a 4-3 OLB, a position with very little impact on the game. There's a reason you never ever see teams that run 4-3 defenses select OLBs in the first round. You just don't spend high picks (and give the big contracts that come with high picks) on players that won't have a major impact for you.

Seattle did it a with Aaron Curry (remember him? You probably don't because he rarely has an impact on games) and it got their GM fired because it was such a stupid pick. Do you really think Mike Reinfeldt (a guy who came from Seattle) would ever make that same mistake?

10. xpmar9x

I see what you're saying, but I'm more worried about swinging a missing at a DE. DE is actually the riskiest 1st round pick. I forgot the exact stat and where I saw it at, but the success rate of a DE becoming a good player (how ever they rated that) was significantly less than any other position. I attempted to try and find 4-3 OLBs, that were early draft picks... and there really isn't any. The only 43 OLB taken in the Top 10 I found was AJ Hawk, Aaron Curry, Keith Rivers, and Rolando McClain. None of them are "superstars"... I guess I just really want an impact Bulluck LB again.

This draft has got me all confused. I'm not high on Nick Fairley or any of the QBs worth the #8 pick. Robert Quinn & Da'Quan Bowers scare me and have bust potential all over them. Going to be a scary draft for me come Thursday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar