xpmar9x's Mock Draft (updated 4/7)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Waited to do my first mock draft until the combine was completed, so here goes. Let me know what you think, agree/disagree with, or post your own mock draft kids!

Version #1 -- 2/23/15
    (click the spoiler button to see my old mock draft)
    1. Bucs - Jamies Winston, QB, Florida St
    2. Titans - Dante Fowler, OLB, Florida
    3. Jaguars - Leonard Williams, DE, USC
    4. Raiders - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
    5. Redskins - Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa
    6. Jets - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
    7. Bears - Danny Shelton, NT, Washington
    8. Falcons - Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska
    9. Giants - Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
    10. Rams - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
    11. Vikings - Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St
    12. Browns - DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
    13. Saints - Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
    14. Dolphins - Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida St
    15. 49ers - La'el Collins, OT, LSU
    16. Texans - Landon Collins, SS, Alabama
    17. Chargers - Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
    18. Chiefs - Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona St
    19. Browns - Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
    20. Eagles - Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
    21. Bengals - Shaq Thompson, SS, Washington
    22. Steelers - P.J. Williams, CB, Florida St
    23. Lions - Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma
    24. Cardinals - Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami
    25. Panthers - Austin Peat, OT, Stanford
    26. Ravens - Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
    27. Cowboys - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
    28. Broncos - Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
    29. Colts - Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Mizzou
    30. Packers - Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
    31. Seahawks - Arik Armstead, DE/DT, Oregon
    32. Patriots - Cameron Erving, C, Florida St

33. Titans - Quentin Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)

Version #2 -- 4/7/15

1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida St
    Winston is the obvious pick. Tampa needs a QB and Winston is a pro-ready QB who fits what Lovie likes to do. Lovie Smith is the perfect respectable coach to mature Winston. With Evans & Jackson to throw to, Winston is my favorite for ROY.

2. Tennessee - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
    NOTE: I personally prefer Leonard Williams, but I think Marcus Mariota goes #2... even if it's not to the Titans. Legit chance this pick is traded, if not, I can see Whisenhunt drafting his future. Mariota can jolt the Titans like RG3 did his rookie year with the Skins.

3. Jacksonville - Dante Fowler, OLB, Florida
    Signing of Jared Odrick filled the need for DT, so the Jags skip the BPA and pass on Williams. Fowler stays in Florida and provides the dynamic pass rusher their defense needs. Fowler could have a Von Miller type impact in Gus Bradley's LEO role.

4. Oakland - Leonard Williams, DE, USC
    Tough for Oakland to pass on a #1 receiver to develop with Carr, but they go BPA. Leonard gets to stay home and play for his favorite NFL team. Williams & Mack can be two elite playmakers for that defense.

5. Washington - Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
    Beasley provides a replacement for Orakpo and should boost the overall play of the Redskins defense. I also think this could be a highly targeted pick. Washington has Kerrigan/Murphy and decent WRs.. multiple teams could be interested in trading up for Beasley, Ray, Gregory, Cooper, or White.

6. NY Jets - Shane Ray, OLB, Mizzou
    Jets have to decide OLB vs WR here and I think they'll go OLB. With Wilkerson and Richardson up front, Ray could put this front-7 into the elite category.

7. Chicago - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
    Cooper falling into Chicago's lap is a perfect scenario. Cooper provides an instant replacement for Brandon Marshall, plus should help Cutler. Chicago has done a nice job adding 3-4 pieces in free agency, ultimately allowing them to go offense in round 1.

8. Atlanta - Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska
    Dan Quinn needs some talent on defense and Gregory provides that. Once touted as a potential #1 pick, he's slightly fallen during the combine process. Failing a drug test didn't help either. Quinn could help him reach his potential

9. NY Giants - Danny Shelton, NT, Washington
    Giants draft a giant. Shelton next to Hankins with JPP on the edge can bring back the once unstoppable Giants front 4.

10. St. Louis - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
    White has obvious WR1 potential, something that STL has needed for years. White is also easily BPA, i'm shocked I allowed for him to fall this far.

11. Minnesota - Devante Parker, WR, Louisville
    Bridgewater had a really nice rookie season, adding his college go-to guy is only going to elevate him to the next level. Vikings will have a solid WR group with Parker, Mike Wallace, Charles Johnson, & Cordarelle Patterson.

12. Cleveland - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
    Cleveland needs a WR bad, but there's no WR worthy of this pick with Cooper, White, and Parker off the board. Scherff can be a starter at guard or tackle and helps protect whoever is playing QB in Cleveland next year.

13. New Orleans - Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St
    Waynes has CB1 potential, something that New Orleans needs badly for their defense. A pass rusher would be nice, but Waynes is too good to pass up.

14. Miami - Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
    Peters talent is undeniable, but he has some off the field issues. Regardless, he's my #2 CB and Miami is in need for a CB. Peters starts opposite of Grimes day 1.

15. San Fran - Arik Armstead, DT/DE, Oregon
    With Justin Smith retiring the niners need some help up front on defense. Armstead is a bit raw, but he has an extremely high ceiling, helping boost his draft position.

16. Houston - Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
    Texans keep building that defense, with Watt, Clowney returning, and the signing of Wilfolk, they could have something special this year on defense. Adding a CB only helps to that.

17. San Diego - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
    Ryan Matthews is gone and Oliver/Woodhead aren't going to dominate games for you. Todd Gurley can be the best running back in the NFL. With Gurley running the ball and Rivers facilitating, SD could have a dynamic offense.

18. Kansas City - Cameron Irving, OC, Florida St
    The Chief still need WR help, but the running game in KC dictates how successful they will be. They lost Rodney Hudson this off-season, that's a huge loss and Irving fills that void. The addition of Grubbs helps, but Irving is a massive improvement at center. Elite offensive line will only help Charles/Davis dominate.

19. Cleveland - Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Mizzou
    The Browns are desperate for receivers and DGB is risky, but the pay-off could be huge. They already have one troubled WR in Gordon, so hopefully Dorial can stay out of trouble.

20. Philadelphia - Landon Collins, SS, Alabama
    Adding Collins + Maxwell to the 31st ranked pass defense (by yardage) is a start, Kiko Alonso will also have an impact. Collins is a physical safety, but has underrated coverage skills. Eagles need to find a WR in the 2nd.

21. Cincinnati - La'el Collins, OT, LSU
    Similiar to us taking Lewan last year. Whitworth is on his final year, Collins can come in and backup both tackle and guard positions. He's a bit raw, so sitting a year could be just what he needs. Next year, he's their LT and will likely remain that way for years.

22. Pittsburgh - Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
    Ike Taylor is done in Pittsburgh, Kevin Johnson is his replacement. That simple.

23. Detroit - Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
    Lions somehow lost Suh and Fairley, but did add Ngata. Brown fills the other starting DT to rebuild that interior defense.

24. Arizona - Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
    The Cardinals do have Andre Ellington, who i'm a fan of - however, Gordon would be absolutely perfect in the Cardinals offense. If Palmer and the rest of the Cardinals stay healthy, they will likely be a contender.

25. Carolina - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
    Carolina added Jonathan Martin and Michael Oher this offseason, both were cast offs of their former teams. They need help at tackle, bad. Andrus Peat would likely be starting LT day 1.

26. Baltimore - Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF
    Perriman will likely get overdrafted thanks to his dazzling 40. However, Baltimore actually makes sense. They just lost Torrey Smith & Steve Smith is ancient. Perriman provides the deep threat that they lost when Torrey left.

27. Dallas - Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida St
    Would of been lovely if Gurley/Gordon fell to #27, but they didn't. Dallas could use help with their interior defense, Goldman provides just that.

28. Denver - D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida
    Protecting Peyton Manning is the most important thing for Denver. They also need a starting RT, Humphries can be just that.

29. Indianapolis - Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA
    The Colts have strugged with ILB the last couple years, Kendricks will end that. I really like Kendricks as a prospect and think he'll be great, sucks he's going to the Colts.

30. Green Bay - Bud Dupree, DE, Kentucky

Best player available is a common draft scheme in Green Bay and it happens again. Dupree falls a lot lower than where I have him rated. Packers could always use help up front.

31. New Orleans - Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
    The Saints need pass-rushers, being as they didn't find one with their first pick. Saints walk away with two impact players on defense in the first round. Solid haul, but still is Harold worth not having Jimmy Graham?

32. New England - Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut
    Patriots lost Revis and Browner, they obviously need CB help.

#1 xpmar9x, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

man im telling you, i know you are in love with Fowler but dont let it blind you.

Williams is the way to go.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I like Fowler a lot as well. I think he can be a stud with Horton and Lebeau coaching him up. That said, imagine the instant impact of Williams and Shelton....More so Shelton plugging up the middle. To me, if either of those guys pan out, they are game changers....

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Leonard Williams is possibly the best player in the draft.

Lets take advantage of the Bucs needing a QB and get the true number 1 player.

I get we need a pass rusher more than another DL but I just cant and wont accept us passing on him if we dont trade out.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am perfectly fine with them taking Williams. He is versatile and can play both inside and out. I just pray they don't go silly and draft someone not in question right now...It wouldn't surprise me at all either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

If we can draft Leonard and pick up Dan Williams in FA we can take a shot at a later round pass rusher.

A guy like Eli Harold.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I love Dante Fowler, I think he can have a Von Miller type of impact for the Titans. I love Leonard Williams, but to me... he's Gerald McCoy (at best).

I still prefer:
    #1: Jameis Winston
    #2: Dante Fowler
    #3: Trade #2
    #4: Leonard Williams

Would be happy with any of the 4

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Only way I see us going Fowler is if we pick up a defensive lineman in free agency. If not, Williams will probably be the way to go unless they fall in love with Mariota.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Fowler scares me. He didn't have the production on the field to justify such a high pick. If we trade down to the 8-10 range I'd be a lot more comfortable with it but to me Shane Ray is the better player if you're going to go pass rusher.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree, but I do like Fowler a whole lot. He will be a stud no doubt, especially in the right system. I would love to trade back and get Shelton to plug up the middle. That would be AWESOME!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar