Xbox One

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xpmar9x, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

It's money. With the ps2, not only were you buying a ps2, but also a ps1. It costs money to add the hardware onto the next console. Since Sony (idk about ms) loses money on every console sale, having them be backwards compatible as well just adds more lost profit- not only because of having to pay more for the hardware, but because it then made the ps1 completely irrelevant the instant ps2 released.

That's my take.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They can't do BC because the architecture from PS3 - PS4 is massively different. It simply wasn't possible.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

While I would love backwards compatibility - some of my favorite games are on the older systems - I read that the technology was so different from one system to the other that in order to read and process the disc of an old platform game, the actual components of that older platform would need to be integrated into the newer system.

Bigger, bulkier systems that would cost a LOT more - they'd have to re-manufacture those components from the older systems. It's simply not cost-effective.

That's the reason I was given when I inquired about it... it's a decent reason. Though, I'd still want the backwards compatibility.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I really don't see how Gaikai can stream a PS3 game either. PS1 and 2 possibly, 3 is a different matter.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yeah, I'm curious about this, as well.
    I remember when the PS2 came out how Sony completely changed the way video games are made/programmed to run on a system. That was a mocking point of the original Xbox - that Game Programmers will not like having to conform to the PS2's way of making games and make all games for the Xbox. Didn't work out that way - too much money involved for a developer to not make games for the PS2.

So, with it being so DIFFERENT... I'm sure the PS3 is the same. That seems to be a lot of different ways to stream games and process them on a single system. Also, PS3 games are VAST... Isn't the Last of US like 20+ gigs or something..?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some of the higher end exclusives were pushing 50Gb I think (MGS4). But yeah, some are huge.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

The bullet we dodged

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... by fixing it.

9. Deuce Wayne

Sh** like this kills me. "Sticking with the PS4"...

This early? Why? I don't get why consumers predetermine their decision based on absolutely nothing but some weird loyalty to a brand they developed.

10. Deuce Wayne

My L?

I told you guys it'd be changed. It would have been even with minimal backlash.

And if it weren't, it still was a petty thing to b*tch and cry about from people that already decided they were going to buy a PS4 months before either one was announced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar