Wynn brings versatility, experience at DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Defensive end Jarius Wynn said it was difficult being away from football for the first half of the season, but he’s ready to make an impact for the Titans.

The Titans signed the 6-3, 285-pound Wynn on Wednesday as a replacement for Pannel Egboh, who was released on Tuesday. Wynn had worked out for the Titans in September after getting cut by Green Bay.

“It was brutal not playing, but it taught me patience,” Wynn said. “It got kind of frustrating at times, but I knew I’d be somewhere soon. Now I’m here and I’m happy about it.”

Wynn started four of his 36 games with Green Bay, posting 4.5 sacks and 46 tackles. He played collegiately at the University of Georgia.

“Right now, they told me they brought me in to help out over the tight end, knock the tight end back and just contribute,” Wynn said.

Asked the difference between Wynn and Egboh, Munchak said: “I think (Wynn) can play a little bit inside and outside, and he has a little more experience. With the roster, we’re experimenting with different guys as we go forward here, as most teams do at this time of year. I think we know what Egboh can do and now we kind of want to see what Wynn can do, and we’ll see that over the next couple of weeks.”

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He also brings sacks.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I lol'd when the announcers said "Sack by Egboh" and then started reading his bio.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Those commentators fooled me for a moment, I saw #79 then heard them talk about him and was like "oh they brought Egboh back fast".

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Probably a good move. Egboh was going nowhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar