Wycheck on Preliminary List for Pro Football HOF

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Frank Wycheck is on the preliminary list of candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. 133 modern-era players, coaches and contributors are on the list which will be narrowed down to 25 and further reduced to 15 before the final vote of the selectors the on Jan. 31 in Tampa, Fla. Wycheck played for the Oilers/Titans from 1995-2003 leading the team in receptions for five straight seasons and ending his career third all time in franchise history with 482 catches.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Have a feeling he won't make it. Not a hyped guy, not a flashy guy. Hard to argue his importance to our team for so many years though. It'd be great to see him get in.

Hey I think he's gotten better at the radio gig too.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hate to say but no chance.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

no chance, but 89 will always be remembered as a Titans legend. The guy was clutch on every play.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Wycheck was able to catch those out of frame McNair passes and still get YAC most of the time.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I beg to differ. There is a chance. Maybe not this year, but a chance nontheless

I'm not an 89 homer, ok maybe I am, but I think 89 will get in one of these days. Not too many TE's have done what Frank has done in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think it'll happen but it has to be an honor to be nominated. If he makes the cut to 25, then he has even more to be proud of.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd love to see him make it but I just don't think he has a shot.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

:lol:

Isn't it something like only 4 guys with 500+ receptions at TE? Frank being one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar