Wth nfl???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

What's really going on people? Is there any real chance that there will not be football this year?

If Goodell and the NFL totally shutdown does that mean that there won't be a 2011 season?

This thing is ridiculous at this point. I don't know what I'd do if there was no Tennessee Titans football. I do love baseball, and basketball but not near as much as Titans ball.

Seriously WTH NFL???

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The NFL and players will be the big losers if there is no season. We don't base our entire livelihood on these games, they do. It will be worst for the rookies. No football, no contract, no money.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All along I've believed we'll have the 2011 NFL season in it's entirety. Now however, I'm getting concerned. I've also said all along that the NFL is run by complete imbeciles. The longer this lockout carries on, the more I feel I was right about these suits. If I miss one single game because of a lockout, I'm going to HATE Roger Goodell. Football makes the fall season bearable. I don't mind the changing leaf colors, and mess they make, but HATE short dark days and freezing cold nights. Football gets me through all that.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. nickmsmith

I'll be fine. I'll adopt a college football team,or go to some IU football games, and the NFL might just take awhile to recover from their loss of fans. And it's entirely their fault. A lot of people prefer College football anyway (One reason why their stadiums are infinitely bigger than the NFL's) If they're gonna do that, they can suck it like Rex Ryan on toejam.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'm already there.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. nickmsmith

The NFL was so much better under Tagliabue.

The problems with this lockout bullcrap are from every angle. NFLPA, and Owners, and Goodell are all turds. I'm sure Goodell knows he's losing face over this, and he wants it done. He's all about face. Always in the headlines for fining or suspending someone. Remember how silent Tagliabue was? I think Goodell wants to be Vince McMahon. Next year he'll suit up for the Redskins and challenge Romo.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I feel ya on that.

That's the d@mn truth. I'm really getting worried. It's hard to believe that they're gonna get something done anytime soon.

8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

The beer brewers and Frito Lay can't afford not to have a football season.

9. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

It's not just Goodell: it's DeMaurice Smith. The players injected a Washington litigator (NOT a trial lawyer, but a glorified paper-pusher) who has never played a down of football into this situation, and he's using it for his own glory. He went so far as to push this thing to litigation by dissolving the union, and then had the gall to ask to be class counsel for the individual players--a clear conflict of interest and obvious money-grabbing.

He is an insult to me as a lawyer and is going a long way toward ruining the sport I love, and it makes me sick.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It's not just the lockout I'm upset at Goodell for, it's the changing of the rules. He's literally ruining the game of football. If the fans joined together I bet we could get Goodell ousted.

Quote me on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar