WTF MUNCH?!?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I say tell the media that CJ will run more in this game. I hope that Wade falls for the trap, and we play action them to death.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No one is going to fall for that. Everyone knows we can't run the ball.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Semantics?

Really?

Could be a .67 YPC. Careful what you wish for. Doesn't take much to be worse either.

4. amy

amy Starter

It is what it is. And I still think that a better Oline would help him immensely. He isn't heavy enough to pile into the line and get yardage. That's the way it is. If the line would do the job they were hired to do, things might look a little different.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Agreed! And yet, we will still run the ball up the middle more than I can stomach.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Why not look for change? To me there is no difference in a run for -3 and -1.. So if we plug in Harper or any other RB, it can't get that much worse, can it?

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Just saying that even 2 ypc would be better than the 1.4 we're currently getting. And that would be an improvement. But wouldn't mean our run game is magically fixed.

My point is that we honestly can't do much worse. If we were to put Reynaud or Harper in there and they averaged 1.0ypc how much worse is that really in the grand scheme of things. Just try SOMETHING. Anything. And plugging in a new RB is the easiest, most realistic option. If you go messing with the OL you're sacrificing pass block production.

IMO ANY runner who will not dance around would be better behind this line than CJ.

Few questions:
    1. Do you think it's out of the question that one of our other backs could average more than 1.4 ypc behind this line?
    2. If you think they could, would you rather not have that >1.4 over CJ's 1.4? (regardless of how minimal of an improvement it is)
    3. Why would you not want to at least give it a shot and see what happens? If you give Reynaud/Harper/Ringer/whoever 10 carries a game and they're sucking just as bad as CJ then so be it. At least you tried, even if for only one game.

This sticking with the same gameplan/lineup over and over and over despite ABSOLUTE FAILURE is pure insanity.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MM and the FO are askerd ****eless about finding out. Cause if we all see that another RB is actually better it makes them all look pretty real dumb for paying the little guy all that CAP

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No doubt. OL is a HUGE part of the problem. But it's a complacent, Fisher-instilled mentality to just say "it is what it is" and not try anything different. That's loser talk.

CJ has shown poor vision and poor effort through 3 weeks. If you don't see that then you're just not paying close attention to the games. I just cannot comprehend this attitude of accepting a PISS-POOR run game and not even wanting to attempt another approach.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm starting to believe this is actually the case. They WANT him to be CJ2K again just as badly as CJ does. Despite the obvious signs that it won't be happening. They don't want to look like fools.

Who here actually thinks "History Deal" would still be getting 95% of the carries if not for his contract?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar