WTF - A running back?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nash

Nash Starter

Some team, not sure which, inquired about Brown after White was taken...could there be a trade in the works..if Bell were offered for Brown i'd jump on that in a heartbeat...

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I wouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I really like Tatum Bell (or Taco Bell or Tater Bell, whatever you wanna call him), but the point of getting rid of Brown is that we have to many RBs taking up roster spots and $$$$$. Once LenDale takes over as the number 1 guy (by Week 5), there won't be enough carries to go around. Nash and Payton will likely be on the practice squad. I think if he has a good camp, Ganther will stay on the roster as our third down guy. Even then, I think we'll have problems with Henry, Brown, and White on the roster.

My worst fear is that sharing with Henry and Brown will hold White back. I'm convinced White has the ability to be a top back in this league, but he's got to get enough carries to do that. On top of that, Henry isn't going to like being the number 3 guy. He forced his way out of Buffalo because he was the number 2.

I think if we have to choose between Brown and Henry, we should keep Brown. His running style better compliments White's. And if he gets enough carries, LenDale White will be the Rookie of the Year. You heard it here first :) .

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

All right. Let me go over this one more time. Money has next to no factor with our RB situation. Travis Henry is playing for the vet minimum. Chris Brown is finishing out his rookie contract and Lendale White will be playing in the first year of a rookie contract.

Roster spots you can argue, but money.... no.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd actually like to see how Brown would run in the Denver system. And I'd actually like to see a serious homerun back like Tater in our backfield occasionally.....and it'll never happen :lol:

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Chris Brown would be perfect for that Denver system, he likes to fine his own holes. In that zone blocking scheme that is exactly what the RB does.

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

plus Chris Brown is from the Denver area.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

oh yeah, and guess who is the offensive coordinator in Denver

8. Not gonna happen...

9. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

No he isn't. He played at Colorado but he is from the Chicago area.

10. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

^^^

yeah, my fault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar