WTF - A running back?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

ESPN.com is reporting:

"Even with Chris Brown, Travis Henry and draft pick LenDale White on board, don't be surprised if the Titans add another running back in the next two months. The team would like a third-down, scatback type who can catch passes and handle blitz pickup."

WTF. We draft LenDale using a 2nd rounder, we use the 3rd on Travis Henry and Chris Brown. We also have Jarret Payton, Damien Nash and Quinton Ganther.

So basically: a 3rd rounder, a 3rd rounder, a 2nd rounder, undrafted FA, a 5th rounder and a 7th rounder and WE STILL want to bring a guy in? Who the **** is on the market worth having?

2. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

meh...i wouldnt read too much into that....lendale is our redzone/shortyardage guy, with interchangeable power backs of henry and brown...if the online stays together plays well i can see henry outplaying all rbs hes got alot of talent

3. I don't buy it. First of all, I think Brown can handle that role (which is what he did at the end of the Eddie George era) with White being the #1 back. Also, that souldn't like Ganther's profile, though he may not be an NFL-capable back.

Secondly, we already have a ton of RBs. I can't see carrying more than 3 RBs and 1 FB. I guess they could go with 1 less TE and 1 more FBack type.

Plus, it's not as if there is a limitless supply of those types of guys just hanging around the free agent list waiting to be scooped up. Where is this mystery RB coming from?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

training camp cuts ?

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

That report is crap.

6. if we get another rb im gonna be so mad, because we wasted another pick in the 7th on one, which i know its unlikely to get a good player from the 7th but look at reynaldo

7. Does the front office really think we need more RBs?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's ESPN reporting and no quotes from anyone within the Titan organisations.

9. well espn is a good source probably best, other than a statement from the titans themselves but they are missing hard proof in this

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

All sources have there misses and misques. ESPN has been known to throw stuff out there just to get a reaction. So like everyone said don't read to much into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar