Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Wright season among franchise’s best

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,919
    I don't think Steve Smith was considerably faster. Kendall runs about 4.45, I would guess Smith was like 4.40-4.37 or so. And honestly top end speed means less than people think. Most corners get beat deep either because they missed the jam on the line, the receiver ran a really good route, or the QB put the ball in a great spot not necessarily because the receiver was much faster. Kendall's route running is great and I don't think any corner wants to fins himself covering him on a post-corner or slant-go. With 4.4 speed, Kendall won't go by everyone but guys like Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald straight up smoke guys despite running in the 4.5's or 4.6's. Speed is important but it isn't everything.
  2. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,537
    It's the titans way to put up impressive numbers when the season is already lost. looks like he took a page straight out of 2009 CJ's playbook
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  3. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,635
    Smith can flat out run by CBs, Wright does not do that and it is proven by the stats. Wright's YPC was 11.8 this yr which was much better than his 9.8 last yr. In 8 of Smith's 12 years his avg YPC has been above 13. With several years above 15. It shows that Smith can be a home run hitter. So far Kendall hasn't shown that yet. I hope he develops into it, but I just don't think it is fair to compare Wright to Smith at this juncture. Wrights longest catch is 45 yds. In 9 of 12 seasons Smith has a 50+ yd catch.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,941
    it sucks.

Wright is good.

Yall need to quit being haters on our best offensive player. Wright is one of the few out there that looks like he cares.
  4. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,919
    I agree with you that Kendall's stats aren't there and perhaps the comparison is premature but I think Smith is still the best comparison. I think he'll show more big play ability if he moves outside next season.
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,089
    Where's TWW2 to complain about how fat and slow Wright is? Still complaining about his yards per reception even though his average is better than Fitzgerald and Steve Smith?

He is 17th in yards and 7th in receptions.

Put him on the Patriots and he'd be twice the player Wes Welker was with them.
    CalgaryTitansFan high fives this.
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,577
    He's pretty real sad these days

CJ is playing like crap, and Greene should steal his job
  7. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,628
    He kind of reminds me of Roddy White. Roddy might be a little taller, and is definitely 15 lbs heavier, but they way they work the slot is similar.