Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Wright season among franchise’s best

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

When he topped the 1,000-yard receiving yardage mark for the season last week, Kendall Wright became the second-youngest player to do so in Oilers/Titans history.

The only player who broke 1,000 at a younger age than the 24-year-old Wright was Ernest Givins, who was 22 when he did it in 1986.

“I think he’s as good a player as I’ve ever been around,” said Titans offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, a former scouting assistant for the Cowboys. “Those guys in Dallas in my first year in the NFL – Keyshawn (Johnson) and Terry Glenn — I think Kendall can be in that group of special elite players.

“He’s an extreme competitor. When we’re out here at practice, he’s the hardest-working guy on the field. He finishes every catch. He’s a smart kid. He’s tough. He takes hits. He’s a football player.”

With two games left in the season, Wright’s 85 receptions rank seventh in franchise history. At his current pace, Wright would total 97, which would leave him third on the single-season list behind Charlie Hennigan (101) and Haywood Jeffires (100).

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,501
    Just a possession guy. Doesn't count.
    Alex1939, Gunny, The Hammer and 1 other person high five this.
  3. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,453
    Can never be a true number one, despite being the number one.
    Alex1939, Gunny, Ensconatus and 1 other person high five this.
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,789
    Will still cannot be a number 1 like Kenny Britt
  5. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,283
    It cracks me up how everybody hates on Wright and calls him a bust. He has respectable numbers this year, and stick him on a team with a consistent QB, and I guarantee you he explodes. I personally don't care if he is EVER a number 1. There are plenty of REALLY good #2 WR's, that put up great numbers and contributions. If Hunter can get better, they could be a wicked combination. Especially with a new QB that is more accurate, etc.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $99
    Hopefully he has another big week. I'm starting him in both of my FF championship games.
  6. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,789
    What are you talking about? W#e are not calling him a bust. Just sayin he will never be a number 1. No matter how well he does. Just ask TWW2. He will never be better than average.
    titan520 high fives this.
  7. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,283
    I know in this thread that nobody is calling him a bust, rather saying he is average; however, I have seen many times people referring to him as a bad #1 pick and not that good etc...Chance is also the latest. Until this team can start to run properly, and has a consistent QB, I won't say that he can't be a great WR. I agree that he doesn't really have the size of most #1 wideouts, but he has proven to have good enough hands and quick/fast. His route running is getting better as well.
  8. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,789
    We are actually just making fun of those people :p and do not think that way ;)

BTW, you will want to upload an avatar for yourself
    Fry high fives this.
  9. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,283
    Thanks Hammer, I have been on here a while, but I always forget to add one..lol. I will make sure to add one.
    The Hammer high fives this.