Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Wright misses practice due to possible concussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 18, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

Titans wide receiver Kendall Wright is on the NFL’s injury list with a concussion, but he doesn’t believe he has one.

Wright took a vicious shot to the head from Houston cornerback Kareem Jackson last Sunday, a hit that drew an unnecessary roughness call on Jackson, who was also fined $42,000.

Wright bounced up from the hit, played the rest of the game and worked out without any symptoms on Monday. But Wright told coaches Tuesday that he had a headache, so he sat out Wednesday’s practice.

“He’s doing fine today, but we’re going through the process of making sure he’s okay,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “He’s in the (NFL’s concussion protocol) because of the hit … On Tuesday, he didn’t feel quite himself, so we’re just being a little cautious.”

Wright, who has a team-high nine catches for 65 yards, said he doesn’t think he has a concussion.

“I (asked for) some Tylenol (on Tuesday) and ended up taking the baseline concussion tests,” Wright said. “I feel good. I know I don’t have a concussion.”

Wright was uncertain what tests he must pass to get back on the practice field.

“I have no idea. I’m ready to run back out there,” Wright said. “I don’t feel like I have a concussion.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $726
    This will be a huge blow to our chances with SD if he is out.
  3. Chance9 Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $409
    If he's out then just means Hunter/ Preston get to have a chance. It's nice to have the depth that we do at reciever
  4. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,850
    **** you, CB from Texans that I can never remember your name because you suck so much.
  5. EC2k BOP Special Teams Standout

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $3,221
    Lol.

You reap what you sow.

Karma's a b!tch.

Think about that the next time you cheer a player who is hurt. BTW AJ is playing on Sunday. Lol
  6. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,850
    I only say I cheer for your players to get hurt to piss you guys off. I don't actually want your players to suffer bad injuries. I won't complain if they do, but I won't cheer for it.

Cushing might be the exception.
  7. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,097
    oh F***!!!!!!!
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,850
    And AJ is playing Sunday because he got a love tap from Pollard's shoulder.

Wright had his head slammed back by that CB's helmet... Clearly a dirty play.
    titan520 high fives this.
  9. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    He's out of practice. The article doesn't say he's out on Sunday.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    I'm going to edit that title. Misleading.
    titanbuoy high fives this.