wright and nicks starting wr!?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

When Nicks fades, and he will, I hope we take McBride over him.

McBride is one of those guys that could let the preseason make or break his shot at a roster spot.

2. Bri

Bri Camp Fodder

He's been playing it some in camp but it's unusual and a very clear step up for the guy that only runs along the sidelines. Wyatt called this DGBs JV year and I think that's a great word choice. He needs to improve. It's fine he struggles today but today he is the same as Hunter as a rook and probably just in for deep balls and end zone lobs. He should improve, he hasn't played in 2 years. General alignment is one tall one short WR and then either slot or this F position. The F is the high school split end(really) and new this year. It's supposed to be a spot everyone will know, anyone can play in, and Ds will struggle to matchup IE the same guy that can stick with tall lanky Hunter probably can't stick with speedy Wright. The slot should be a great variable for them. Don't forget Fowler is lining up in the slot too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Bri

Bri Camp Fodder

I should add, if DGB progresses a bunch and is ready for a complete WR package, then I'd guess he and Hunter outside with Wright in the slot. If Fowler is in the slot, the "cold hand" between DGB and Hunter that day would probably be replaced by Wright.

4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I really like our WRs this year, both Nicks and Douglas are experienced pros. Wright looks faster than ever and Hunter had been making plays and hopefully plays with a chip on his shoulder. DGB and McBride are talented projects at this point and their game time will depend on their progress.
    You have to like the group. The fact that we have Fasano and Walker as well. I think have to say that Super Mario will have a very good group to work with.
    I am not bothered about pecking order all 6 will play I would think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar