Wrestling thread?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by merlin, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think wrestlin gives you more, everyone knows it fake, they dont watch it thinking it's real they watch it same as the would a TV show. They enjoy the story.

MMA is ok only when they are fighting. imo there to much talking between a fight. out of a 3 hour PPV you might see 30 minutes of actually fighting. the rest is a bunch of BS to kill time.

2. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

that's pretty much how I feel...I watch wrestling for it's entertainment. If i want to see a real fight I'll watch MMA.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Dude that's not correct.

The UFC usually have ten fights on the card 5 of which are scheduled to be televised.If any of those scheduled 5 are short fights up to 5 other fights are then shown.

The last but one PPV showed all ten fights.That's a lot of action in a 3hr show.The filler coverage between the fights is pretty minimal.

4. merlin

merlin Camp Fodder

Not a big MMA fan at all, but I do enjoy wrestling. They are two completely different things.

I had no idea Coachman had been gone for a year. I guess he ended up on his feet at ESPN.

5. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

For the hell of it, here's my WrestleMania predictions. Should be a good show.

Triple Threat World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Edge © vs. The Big Show vs. John Cena

Tom's Pick: John Cena. Not happy about this. Go Edge.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WWE Championship Match
    Triple H © vs. Randy Orton

Tom's Pick: Triple H. I have no problem with either winning but I'd love to see Orton win.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Money in the Bank Ladder Match
    CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Finlay

Tom's Pick: Christian. I think MVP winning the strap last night sort of eliminates him but I could see him winning as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    25-Diva Battle Royal
    Featuring Divas from Raw, SmackDown, ECW and the past.
    Winner becomes first ever Ms. WrestleMania

Tom's Pick: I'll go with Mickie James but I get a feeling Trish will come back and win this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Tom's Pick: Undertaker. Too easy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Legends Handicap Match
    Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper & Ricky Steamboat w/ Ric Flair (Rourke at Ringside) vs. Chris Jericho

Tom's Pick: Legends. Damn shame too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unified Tag Team Championship Lumberjack Match
    The Colons vs. Miz and Morrison

Tom's Pick: Miz and Morrison. Be Jealous!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Intercontinental Championship Match
    JBL vs. Rey Mysterio

Tom's Pick: Rey Mysterio. I could honestly care less. Talk about uninspired.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extreme Rules Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy.

Tom's Pick: Jeff Hardy.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Just got back from watching it. Talk about a good show. That Taker-Michaels match was insanely good. Honestly might be the greatest match i've ever seen. Hardy-Hardy was good but a little short. Cena-Big Show-Edge was extremely predictable but so are most John Cena matches. The Money in the Bank match was really good, but I wanted Christian to win. Orton-Triple H was good but I didn't like the ending that much. Mysterio-JBL was funny. The legends match was kind of uninspired, but Steamboat can still bring it. I wish it would have just been him and Jericho. Piper and Snuka were kind of just there. What happened to the tag team title match? I was looking forward to that one.

7. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

They put the tag match on pre-show. The Colons won. It'll be on the DVD set.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

That's lame. I'm sorry but you don't put a championship match on the "pre show". But whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar