WR Wade Claimed by Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

when did we have kevin johnson?

2. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I think it was probably supposed to be Troy Edwards.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

You guys are right, I'm an idiot

4. Mr. E

Mr. E Camp Fodder

Oh, but Troy did something "naughty".....and was kicked off.

Wasn't in the news. Not the papers....

but Jeff Fisher says it was bad....I'm sure it was much worse than:
    Driving under the influence
    Domestic Abuse
    Assault
    etc....

Stupid move.

5. You're right, I forgot about Berlin's injury. But either way, Wade was at the bottom of the WR depth chart in Chicago. I can't speak for Wade's role on coverage teams, but that's somewhere where Berlin is at least useful. And as much as we recall (vividly) his fumbles against the Colts, he never came close to 9 fumbles/muffs in a season.

Wade is signed through next year. We have him for $460k. Basically, he'll have to win the job in training camp if they think he's worth giving a shot.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

wasnt that Andrae Thurman?

7. nendzone

Yes, it was. The Edwards decision was purely cap-motivated. Had he been on the roster the first week (which he probably would've been if Thurman hadn't come along, as an option to field punts), the Titans would've been liable for his entire salary for the year since he's vested.

I think they would've re-signed him later -- certainly by now with the injuries -- if he'd still been on the market but he's with the Lions. Not sure he's seeing the field consistently there, and they've left him a healthy inactive at times I'm pretty sure.

8. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Well, they DO have Mike Williams...*wink*

9. nendzone

...and Charles Rogers, who isn't seeing the field much either. Scottie Vines and Eddie Drummond (doubles as KR) are more likely to stay active on Sundays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar