WR needs to be our #1 priority

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by User Name, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if Carriker is there @ 19, I'll **** a brick !

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

That would be pretty impressive, but i'm not watching

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I won't need to do it

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

At first I was all over us picking a WR, Now I think defense is much more important. To be honest I don't think we can say who we should pick until after we are finished in FA market. There are still a lot of good defensive tackles and defensive ends out there. If we can snag 2 dlinemen then I would reconsider taking a WR #1 but we need too much help on defense.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there is still alot that can happen post-draft too

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw,....

Marvin Harrison was drafted with the 19th pick

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Defense top priority..

The objective isn't to try and match the colts personel but to just be the best team possible. You start with defense and a running game. We have done nothing to improve our defensive line. We tendered starks and signed long to a one year deal but we lost robaire. Is long as good as robaire? No so we actually lost some ground there.

We have not signed a single defensive end. That was listed as a major need area by fisher and reinsfeldt. Nothing has been done to improve the most important area of our defense.

The thread starter said he gave the titans the edge on defense. Is that a joke? The colts played almost lights out defense the whole playoffs. We had the leagues worst defense. Our top difference maker on defense might be going to jail.

So here we are with no significant signing on the defensive line, no significant signings at safety and the possibility of losing pacman. Then we lose henry and have done nothing to replace some of that quality and depth.

Yes Wr is a major need area with bennett and wade gone but it is one need area out of many and we can't just sit back and rely on the draft to meet those needs. We don't have 5 1st round picks..

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Have to agree a significant amount with RT. There's no way DE isn't our biggest need right now.

10. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

Who said anything about sitting back and waiting for the draft? My original post was saying we need to bring in a playmaker by any means necessary draft/FA/Trade. I think I made a mistake by bringing the Colts into this because a lot of people are misunderstanding me. My bad (seriuosly). I was trying to show the loss of big name players doesn’t equate a losing season. I guess I messed up badly.I'm not saying that a WR will answer all of our problems because that would be foolish. What I am saying is a playmaking WR should be top priority. Now hear me out Titan Family. Stopping the run and having a stout Def are the 2 most important things to me in football, BUT there is no D-Lineman available to us that I feel would give us a major upgrade. If there was acquiring them would be the #1 priority. Now at receiver there are upgrades everywhere. They were in FA, they are in the Draft, and available for trade (D. Jackson). How can we upgrade our D-Line with no one available better than the guys we have on our roster? Are you guys saying D-Line depth is the #1 priority?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar