WR Jones Looking for Big Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Jones drops alot, Roydell at least doesnt have that problem

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

roydell has less of a problem with drops, but he still has his moments.

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

He is garbage i don't care what anybody saying about him!! I would much rather throw the ball to Roydell Willimas on crutches than Brandon Jones with his butterfingers released this bum!!

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

The guy does have talent. He's a solid receiver in terms of talent but the mental game just isn't there yet. It's not like he drops the ball all the time. He just seems to drop the ball whenever it's in a big time situation. I don't know if he is capable of being a good receiver simply because he can't handle clutch situations. If he could find a way to make the big plays he has the potential to be pretty good.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

exactly

6. Nine

Nine Starter

I recall only two significant drops from Brandon Jones: the one against the Colts, and the one against the Broncos.

I also recall three games in '06 where Brandon had a fourth quarter TD to either tie the game or give the Titans the win.

For the first time in his career, Jones is finally playing for an NFL-caliber coordinator with a long track record of turning average talent into Pro Bowl caliber WR's. (Compare this to Norm Chow, who has been coaching for 20+ years, and has yet to develop a single successful NFL-caliber WR.)

It's all up to Brandon now...but at least now he has someone to get him pointed in the right direction, instead of lapsing into mediocrity.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

dropped a td against the falcons.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This kid can play he just needs to stay healthy. Based on his attitude i doubt he will get cut. We have POS wasted pick paul williams and the whale with legs mike williams to cut first.

It's funny to me that so many still think mike williams can play but so many think brandon jones can't. I'll take brandon any day. He's a solid kid..

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Jones can play healthy and put R. Williams, Gage, McCairens, Crumpler, and Chris Johnson into the mix. VY is going to have some weapons.

10. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I agree. Its up to him, but I am rooting for him in a big way.

I guess I know how all of the troupe/calico supporters feel now. When I look at BJones, I see a guy who has the athletic tools, plus the good route running to start for the Titans, but for some reason or another, there is just something missing mentally (on top of his injury problems). I hope he shocks the NFL this year, and doesn't follow in the line of #87 and 84.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar