WR Jacoby Ford joins the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

That seems like a very simple explanation that can be gathered just by watching, but there must be much more to it than that if the players are having such a hard time telling if they are improving or not. PK published a link to a Nate Washington / Kendall Wright interview where both said the system was much different than anything they had been in before. Doesn't seem that much different than what Palmer tried to do in his last few months here really. However, we do not know what Whiz is requiring of the WRs so it's really a guessing game. You have to think there is much more to it than run deep and catch it or the players would not be second guessing themselves so much.

It just seems like if things were headed in the right direction two starters would know where they stand in the system.

I am not saying it will not eventually work, but I have to question communication.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I really dont think it's that big of a deal. When learning anything, you start at chapter 1. Sure, you know you are taking a class for ____ 101, but you dont know the ins and outs of it. You take it a page at a time to learn and build. Then you expand.

You dont start teaching anyone, anything, by looking at the end result.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh yea its not as simple as I made it sound, its far more complex, even Jake Locker said it was a challenge to learn at first. Whiz even benched Sankey for not following the correct foot steps in a run play. Without breaking down every snap its hard to really say why its so hard to learn/execute. It wouldn't even pay to try cracking the code as we had so many different combination of players playing, no way we finished the year with the same stuff because at times we had guys playing who'd been on the team a few days.

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

What happened to that Preston WR everyone seemed to like? ;)

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

can't teach 6-5 213 with speed

hard not to like him

typically for the Titans for reasons known only to people who never speak Preston didn't get snaps so now hes a fish

6. kenny

kenny Starter

During the course of teaching that "101 Class" if the slow kid in the class doesn't understand don't you take the time to show him how to do it correctly?? If he is still not doing it correctly don't you then say, hey kid you are not getting it. You need to put some more study time in on this part of it???? If the kid ( Wright & Washington) have no idea if they are progressing, doesn't that say something about the teacher & the teaching method???

As I have said before, I am not saying it is not going to work. I am saying that this year two starters not knowing where they stand is not good. The method must change for progress to made with the people you are teaching.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No, they fail out of the course and find a new major.

They just dont know how far along they are.

Not being hard on you, I just disagree. Where they think they are doesnt matter, just run the routes (without slipping) and catch the ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. kenny

kenny Starter

Hey I am not taking this as an argument, I enjoy the back & forth as well as value the opinions I get from guys like you who respond with passion like I do on most accounts.

To some extent I agree. However, when one of the guys has been your most reliable pass catchers for 2yrs & all the sudden doesn't even know where he stands; I see that as a communication issue. I do not lay it all on Whiz. Wright should be able to stay on his feet (As well as others). However, the HC is responsible for the product on the field. I think the GM is even more responsible. So when a guy that caught nearly 100 passes for your team last year cannot stay on his feet the next year; someone should be talking to that guy one on one. maybe they did and he is just not smart enough to get it. However, I never heard that. I did read the article from Nate/Wright that they did not know where they stood. I hope that Whiz gets it figured out for the teams' sake. I do still feel that the issues we had with WRs should have been addressed with them one on one. Even the slips. The HC should have went to the Equipment Manager & said, hey our guys are not smart enough to stay on their feet. Get some longer cleats in their dang shoes!!! I also think he should have pulled Wright aside & said, son you are not getting done on your routes. Get those cleats I had ordered, do this or that better & catch the dang ball.

I have spent the last 14yrs as a Warehouse Supervisor. My Manager always says that the end result is on me no matter how my guys perform I have to see that coming & fix it before it becomes an issue. Maybe that's why I feel so much falls on Whiz. I do see why it falls on the WRs too, I just feel the ultimate results fall on Coaching in a lot of the issues we had. hey can mostly be fixed easily if Whiz will adjust. I hope he does.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sitting on the bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar