WR Jacoby Ford joins the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

Chris Durham saw the field in regular season action this year for us....... Ford making the team and playing is not a stretch at all for us IMO.

Derek Hagan is a journeyman who played on several teams, but rarely contributed other than on ST. He saw the field for us and actually made some pretty good plays. Hagan was pretty solid. I didn't like the signing at first, but he earned his playing time when injuries allowed.

You just never know when you will need an extra guy & looking at Ford right now is not a bad idea at all. IMO. Maybe he makes it, maybe he doesn't. Sure doesn't hurt to give him a shot.

2. kenny

kenny Starter

I ABSOLUTELY HOPE you are right & he is gone, but my fear is that Whiz wants to keep him bad enough that Webster caves. Washington is one of Whiz's favorites. Hell he has to be, he forced plays to that guy all year when there was no hope of anything happening with the plays.

For some reason Whiz has a hard on for sorry players like Griffin & Washington. Both of which I would cut right now if I could. I know Griffin will give a play or 2 a year, but the ones he misses cost far more than any play he has made in the past 4yrs! Way too much money to a FS that is a horrible tackler.

3. kenny

kenny Starter

THIS is my real problem with Whiz. There is no communication of "His System" whatever it may be. I do not give so much credit to Warner as the saving grace of that team. Warner was sucking at the point Whiz started him again ahead of Lienart. (Or however you spell his name). Fitzgerald was the pulse of that team in my opinion. He caught way overthrown passes & threw his entire body on the field to keep them rolling.

On to "Whiz's System"; Kendall Wright & Nate Washington went on record this year as saying that there had been so many changes it took time to get used to them. They also said, "At this point we do not even know how much improvement we have made toward playing the type of offense coach wants us to play. We just keep on giving our best." THAT IS A MAJOR ISSUE.

The system has not been communicated to the players well enough that they understand where they are failing or improving. Plus if they have improved they should have been told. If they have not improved they should have been told even more so!!! This lack of communication is scary. If two of your offensive weapons do not understand the system well enough to say I have or haven't improved; then the system & coaching is failing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Always good to have depth and competition at WR/KR; something we lacked this year (all over the roster really).. I'm on board with this. Can't hurt

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

He has a better chance at making the roster than that one receiver from Houston did.

Let's be honest, it isn't like Hunter will hold anyone off either.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't really want McCluster doing anything...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

These team keeps shuffling used up WRs thru... This is a terrible sign.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its January tho, this is about as good a signing as there is in January. Nothing is lost if he sucks.

9. JCBRAVE

Yea I agree, dudes a bust, I got too caught up with his glory days in college and thought maybe he could refind that, but nope. That spin move is just crap. Guy as agile as him should be doing a lot ore than he is.

10. JCBRAVE

His system is a vertical passing attack. Pass first offense that only turns to the run to keep the defense from sitting in coverage.

Then on defense he lets Ray Horton do whatever he wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar