WR Chaz Schilens visits Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

He came in today for a visit. Nothing special at all. Would much rather have Kevin Walter. Hopefully as a backup plan if all other WR say no. Seems as if we are set on not having Washington on the team next year. Im ok with that, hes older and expensive. Looks as if we will sign one WR before the draft and if we do, look for a mid round wr as well. I do like our depth after those pick ups.
    Britt, Wright, Walter, Williams, Draft, and Hawkins or Mariani for the last spot (Edge to Mariani for cheaper and as KR PR)

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

All the wide receivers this team is bringing in right now suck. I have no idea what Webster is doing.

Of course, I said the same thing with the Greene signing and no one agreed with me.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

6'4" 225. Not a bad option if he signs for cheap. I like Walter more and it would be a good addition by taking him away from houston. Dude has always played well against us so maybe he could help.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think all of these guys are being brought in as potential Hawkins replacements and not necessarily to be an impact player. So to me the question is 'how comparable are these guys to Hawkins?' And I can't imagine they're much worse.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Hawkins when used is better than anyone we have brought in. I don't understand the reasoning behind bringing bums in regardless if they just fill a roster space.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

There's no talent out there. Brandon Lloyd, Darius Heyward-Bey... that's about it. Both of them aren't anything special. We have left over money, so we're looking at vet min WRs to replace Hawkins/Mariani - no problem with that.

As for Greene, I agree with you... was just out of the country when we signed him and couldn't put in my input. Greene was the worst signing this off-season for us.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This poor guy, first he was a Raider for 3 or 4 years, then a Jet last year, God clearly doesn't like him if he lands on the Titans.

And what is this guy talking about
    Umm IDK maybe I respect Alterraun Verner more than you do, but when he said Brandon Lloyd was the best WR he's ever faced, I took that as he's pretty damn good.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

If we're picking up old Raider bums, I'd rather have DHB.. much faster and an occasional deep threat. This team severely lacks a deep threat WR.. A good Britt can fill that roll with his route running and hands, but not his speed. We don't really have any WR who can flat out burn the defense on speed alone.. DHB could.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Because Hawkins is making way more money than he's worth. If you can get a comparable "bum" for a fraction of the price then that's the smart thing to do from a cap management standpoint. Hawkins isn't all that good anyway. 1 TD and 700 yards in 5 seasons. I know he isn't on the field much, but really who's fault is that? Talent rises and he wouldn't still be sitting on the bench if he was anything other than average.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hawkins is a fine guy to have for depth. And I think Stokely and Walter are washed up. And Schilens is a "never-was". I just don't see how you justify paying a guy of Hawkins' talent-level 2 million dollars when we're so tight against the cap.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Who all has Verner lined up against though?

And his statement was clearly before he faced Megatron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar