WR Carter visits Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan4eva24, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I know a few people were high on getting him. He's worth a shot at little money. With our receivers, anyone decent is worth a risk.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah I think we will end up signing him or Hackett at a reasonable price.

Off topic but whats the word on Jake Scott?

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Then lets go find someone decent....Drew Carter is not decent

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

This was his first year as a starting WR. He had Delhomme for a couple of games (who was good), Testy (who was mediocre at best), Carr (who was awful at best), and Moore (who was mediocre, but promising). Also, Carolina had no run game last year, and the defense didn't help much. They only got to 7 wins because they got to play the Falcons. He'd do much better with Tennessee, where he would have a good shot to succeed.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Hackett is much better and it is not even close. Last I heard scott wants a lot more money than we are willing to offer. Glad we got Jevon!!!!!!

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Well if Scott wants a decent amount then step up and do it. We have plenty of money and one of those WR's won't cost much. Signing Scott for 3-4 years at 5 a year isn't that much and Kearse and Crumpler both came cheap as will which ever WR we sign if we sign one. We can't afford to have to take a G day one.

Olsen - sucks going to retire
    Amano - sucks go whatch the Colts game looked like he was a league below second teamers.
    Bell - Signed with Rams
    Loper - shouldn't be a starter is better as a backup T.

So that leaves Amano as the only pure G even though the like Harris if he plays G that means we have no backup C so we need a C and G through the Draft regardless.

I want Harris to start and Loper over Amano if I had to choose. IDK what you everyone else thinks but our o-line is a mess. Grab that top WR it doesn't matter if DT's rip through our line.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think we'll land Scott, once he figures out we're offering the better deal/situation. Right now he thinks he'll get more than he's worth. I think someone forgot to give him the memo that the first few days of FA is when you overspend. Just because you know Manning, doesn't warrant $.

EDIT: Then again, if we don't land Scott - I'm confident in a 2nd day pick. Developing OL is a strength of ours. Funny thing is, Roos is the only first day pick we've had in a while. So that's gotta say something.

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Got anyone in mind? I've been thinking this too for a while now, but I can't come up with any names that fit the bill. They're probably out there, I just don't watch enough college.

9. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Nobody knew Gage last year.

Ya just never know ...

10. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

Bryant Johnson will come at a decent price but he won't come close to breaking the bank and plus drew carter is way over-rated and stay on the injured list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar