WR and MLB at 10 & 39

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 25, 2013.

1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I don't see any indication that we'd draft a safety. Not with Griffin's big contract and the Wilson and Pollard additions. And frankly, I feel better about our safety situation then I have since 08 when Hope and Griffin were both good
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Pollard and Wilson are old. Griffin is overpaid. A safety is appealing in the long term.
  3. Luke Smartwater

Luke Smartwater Jedi Master

Where does everybody get the idea we are taking a CB at #10? I think there is no way in hell. None of the CBs in this draft warrant a top 10 pick.
    The same goes for WR. MLB at #10? Too high. We could trade all the way back to #20 and get any of the MLBs.
    I really think that with #10 we will pick either Ansah or Star or if we reach then we take Vacarro. If there is a MLB or WR the FO really likes still on the board in late Rd 1 or early Rd 2 we will trade up and grab them.
  4. Luke Smartwater

Luke Smartwater Jedi Master

Long term is not in the Titans dictionary this year. I'm pretty sure Munchak and Webster were told win now or be gone after the season.
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

How about CB and RG instead? or even DE and CB? or even DE and RG? you're better than this JC
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

The same goes for every position in this draft. Name a single guy that is projected to go at 10 that does not have someone in the second that is not far behind. Unless you are on the DT wagon, and I doubt we are going there.
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Please God, no.

At least give McCarthy a chance this year. Don't blow a high pick on a guy we may not truly need.

Yes, in my mind, I realize the chances McCarthy can ever stay healthy on a consistent basis are slim to none. However, if and when he's healthy, MLB is not a need.

Someone brought up the idea of a safety at #10 (which would be Vacarro)... I don't know enough about Vacarro, but if he's as good as people say, I could get down with that pick.

I've seen him listed as both FS and SS. Can he play both? We need a replacement for Griffin. There is no hope for that loose vag. That's why I can ultimately live with the pick. I would say I'm scared of Texas safeties, but Earl Thomas is pretty damn good.

I'm a big proponent of BPA, and let's face it, MLB is not the BPA at #10 and WR is likely not the BPA at #39.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I really think Ogletree might be the BPA, I mean lets be real no one is exactly setting the world on fire here. If Te'o hadn't gotten catfished he would likely be a top 3 pick. The talent this year is so blurred every top 10 mock I have seen has been vastly different. The only constant is Joekel(sp).

I would be fine with a safety to an extent, but again lets be real. They aren't unseating Griff sadly and I would be pissed if we got one that ended up a SS because of all the money we just spent. Which is why I am thinking Ogletree at 10 makes the most sense. I would gladly eat crow if we drafted a FS and got rid of Griffin. That would make this the best offseason ever.

Vaccaro is a pretty good player, but the only issue I have with that is the same I have with most other positions. You are going to get a player almost, if not just as good, in the third. Outside of MLB and DT, you really cannot say that about any other position.

I don't think we will take a WR in the second, I hope we go OL or DL.
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just think it's pretty set in stone that we are divorcing Griffin after this season because his vag has gotten too loose for our liking.

That's why I can get behind a S at #10.

I'm sure the Raiders would think Griffin for a 7th round pick would be a great deal, so there's always that option.
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I think we lose CJ and Griff after this season, but I don't think Munch is comfortable letting them go just yet. Or maybe he is and well all just think he is too immune to change. Really, as much as I have been enjoying this offseason, I still really have no idea how things are going to turn out. I want Ogletree, but would still not be surprised or upset if we picked almost 20 different players.