WOW its Alge Crumpler reborn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

"I don't always fumble, but when I do, I always make sure It's at the end of the game."

-Titans TEs since Wycheck retired

It just plain doesn't matter how many career fumbles these guys have. If it's in a crucial moment in a crucial game, you're known as a fumbler.

Dyson didn't come up short all that often in his career, but he did when it meant the most, and that overshadows everything in his career, unfortunately. Including the MCM.

It doesn't matter how many fumbles Alge Crumpler had while nursing leads in Atlanta thanks to Vick. It matters that he and Lendale absolutely blew that game and our chance at a good playoff run.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Cook said he hasn't had a fumble since Jr. High. It was just one of those things but it doesn't mean he sucks or is a fumbler. These threads are simply plain stupid. Cook had 4 catches for almost 50 yards. A solid game and one of those catches was a darn good one reaching back on a pass thrown behind him. Cook is also not one of the few guys we have that can actually make a big play. It is idiotic to say he needs to go to the bench. Hell, the guy needs to be out there even more. He is actually starting to come into his own.

By the way Cook at the half way point has 19 catches for 317 yards and a 17 yard per catch average. He also has 3 TDs. If he can pick up the pace just a little he could have a very solid season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

Well I wish he could have found a better time to have his first fumble since Jr. high. That was rather inopportune.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree it's what you'll likely be known as to many fans. I don't agree that it's justified or right though. To label someone a fumbler based on one freaking play, regardless of the situation, is just beyond dumb. These are big beasts of men flying at you every single time you have the ball in your hands. Fumbles are part of the game. And Alge had 6 in a ten year career and Cook has had 1.

If we are going to label people fumblers based on one play then just about every NFL player who has ever played offense is a fumbler.

5. nickmsmith

Surely consistency is important.

But coming through in big plays at big times is vital. David Tyree's space in history is set with one crucial catch at a big time. Never done anything before or since.

Vanderjagt is historically one of the most accurate kickers in history. He might be in consideration for the Hall of Fame if not for him choking when it mattered most.

throughout a career, he was much better than Vinatieri, but Vinatieri was good when it matters. I'd rather have some clutch performers that a bunch of consistent players who can't get it done when it counts, like Vanderjagt (not that Cook has proved he's that)

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Can't blame the guy for the staff keeping him off the field and Hasselbeck forgetting that he's the best offensive weapon this team has.
    (unless CJ returns sometime this year)

Not targeting Cook until the last drive in the 2nd half was just stupid after he had 40 yards in the first half.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I see where you're coming from nick. Still, I think you can't label someone forever off of a single bad play. If Cook were to fumble in a crucial situation 2-3+ times then I could see calling him a fumbling bum. But one time? I just don't get it.

Also, I'd say that what you're "remembered for" and what you're "known/labeled as" are two different things. David Tyree will be most remembered for his amazing catch in the SB. But I don't think you'll ever hear too many people referring to him as a great WR. But hey, maybe I'm just arguing semantics here.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Can we all agree not to call him "Cookie"? Please?

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We didn't get the ball to the only 2 people that were making plays in the first half (CJ & Cook). How stupid is that? :sad2:

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I thought adjustments automatically equaled a win?

So we adjusted the game away from CJ and Cook and we lost?

Oh noes... Deuce Wayne logic fails again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar