Would you want Vanderbilt's Franklin as a head coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fishman35, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Franklin as Titan's new coach

Poll closed Jan 7, 2014.
  1. Yes

6.7%
  2. No

66.7%
  3. Yes, but he will not go pro

13.3%
  4. Yes, but the Titans will not look at him

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

On a totally side note about random tweets:

Ian Rapoport - Much of Big Ben’s frustration came from lack of no-huddle, which allows him to call the plays. By the end, Steelers thrived in no-huddle

Now that's what I want, I'd love me some Big Ben and he'd call some plays instead of Dowell, dream scenario right there lol

I know he's probably not leaving PIT, espeiclaly for TENN, but damn I really want that dude as our QB, I think he could take us all the way.

2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

His press conferences are a little more exciting than Munch's.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

IMO what makes Franklin a good coach is his ability to recruit. Not much recruiting going on in the NFL. I think he's best suited to stay in college but heck, at least it wouldn't be Munch.

4. KyTitansFan

I don't think Vanderbilt has been winning in the SEC because of talent alone. He's only been there 3 years, so his first class are just now juniors. He had the 71st ranked class his first year, 29th his 2nd year and 19th his 3rd year. Great for Vanderbilt, but still at or near the bottom of the SEC recruiting classes every year.

5. KyTitansFan

Maybe Franklin is one of the coaches the Titans have reportedly reached out to.

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'd rather keep Munch and company for another year than hire Franklin. He's done a nice job rebuilding Vandy a bit, but he'll never do anything special with them. He has a bit more personality, sure, but I'm not in love with him as an X's and O's guy. He still hasn't beaten anyone good in the SEC.

7. KyTitansFan

:cj:

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Well he is certainly being looked at by other teams:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Redskins and Browns have requested an interview with Vanderbilt coach James Franklin for their head-coaching vacancies.
    Franklin has been a hot name the past year or so. The soon-to-be 42-year-old has been the Commodores' head man the past three seasons and has led them to an impressive 17-8 record over the last two years. Franklin has one year of NFL coaching experience; he coached the Packers receivers in 2005 before jetting to become Kansas State's offensive coordinator. Franklin interviewed for the Texans' job two weeks ago.
    Related: Redskins, Browns

Jan 4 - 11:44 AM​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar